cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance 1172

Rangerman40
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of pulling the trigger on an 1172. Any comments good, bad or otherwise on these units? I'd like to get a Mammoth, but don't really want to buy a 5500. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with one on a one ton.
22 REPLIES 22

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for posting the picture. It appears that some builders will offer options while others are hard set. It's nice to work with people and companies that listen and help guide towards the desired outcome.
If the pantry cabinet deletes the overhead light in that spot, I'm sure there would be conversation about it to help avoid surprises. Good people to work with for sure.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Personally I think these tiny washer/dryers are a waste of space but here it is.

2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
It can be a washing machine with counter top PLUS wardrobe.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:

In addition to the pictures that were posted, Host has an option that allows half or all of the rear slide to be a wardrobe closet..

THAT'S something my wife would approve.
How-come I have never seen the option?
I still see lot of elder couples traveling in big car, where whole rear is converted into wardrobe.
That should give RV manufacturer some food for toughs.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
^ wow beautiful job!

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II

closed up. Looks factory and like I said, with a multi-season camper, sometimes you pack light, other times you have jackets and sweaters, vests and boots. It all fits.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II

This easy conversion expanded out storage and it's all behind the factory door and additional raised panel doors I stained and finished matching the factory hardware. The new doors actually blend better than factory. My wife can put 5 days of clothing easily here PLUS we have the taller wardrobe closet.
Is "storage to spare" trademarked?

Bedlam
Kayteg1 wrote:

I look at new 3-sliders and THEY DON'T HAVE WARDROBE AT ALL.
Make sure that will work for you.

In addition to the pictures that were posted, Host has an option that allows half or all of the rear slide to be a wardrobe closet. If that still is not enough room, you might as well tow an enclosed trailer that has been converted into a rolling closet room because few RV's can compare.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
As I said, 2 inches here and there will look the same on the picture, but make heck of the difference when you try to use it.
My pantry will accept foot wide dishes and I don't have faucet hoses hanging in storage area.

Not really sure what your point is. You say there is no wardrobe, but there is plenty. You say there is no pantry, but the pantry is huge. Now you say that the pantry isn't wide enough for your 1 foot dishes. Why not put them in the cabinets designed for dishes instead of the one designed for food?

As far as other storage for your cell phone charger. There is plenty of ways to do that. The storage under the tv is my choice as there is built in charging station right above.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
As I said, 2 inches here and there will look the same on the picture, but make heck of the difference when you try to use it.
My pantry will accept foot wide dishes and I don't have faucet hoses hanging in storage area.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Mammoth pantry. This is just half.

large under counter storage.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
The mammoth has the biggest pantry I have ever seen on a truck camper. Floor to ceiling, large 4 door pantry. We will probably use at least some of it as a shoe rack. Way too much space for the amount of food we bring. Also under the countertop as you enter as a very large bonus cabinet that would store a ton of stuff. Again WAY more storage than our AF1150.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
That is what I am talking about.
What is pantry and computer junk cabinet on single slide, becomes wardrobe on 3-slider.
I know those campers do have huge basements, so I guess sugar and phone chargers go there? ๐Ÿ˜‰

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:

I look at new 3-sliders and THEY DON'T HAVE WARDROBE AT ALL.

Ours has three wardrobe places. A huge one in the cabover on the passenger side (wife) A small one next to fridge and a 3rd in the cabover on the drivers side. (mine) plus a hamper we both use. This is way more wardrobe than our old AF1150.