cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leak repair advise

Scotccrn
Explorer
Explorer
So found an area of leaking in the cabinet just below the roof on the travel trailer this weekend. I have rubber roof that uses dicor lap sealant on the roof seals. I inspected the seals and don't see any obvious cracks. I see one spot above the leak that might be starting to peel back. My question is should I just add self leveling lap sealant on the edges of the current seals and hope this fixes the problem since I don't see any obvious cracks in the seals? Should I do this on all the seals on the roof?
2 REPLIES 2

BIKERK9
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes closing all slides at once will cause positive air pressure in the TT to blow soap bubbles.
DoggyDaddy
2008 Damon Outlaw 37', WH-24, 8.1 GMC
Class A Toy Hauler
DoggyDaddy CommunityProfile

DRSMPS
Explorer
Explorer
Tracking down the source of leaks is a pain. It might be from directly above where you detect the water or it may be running along an inner panel from a few feet away. It doesn't take much of a crack or void in your dicor sealant to cause a leak. I would recommend inspecting everything in the vicinity very carefully. Remember to check behind clearance lights, etc in the area as well as they could also be the source of the water intrusion.

If you don't mind spending a couple hundred bucks, many RV dealers will pressure test your TT and inspect all seals using soapy water to detect leaks (looking for bubbles). There are a few threads on a DIY set-up using a leaf blower on this forum if you want to search.

Good luck and stay on top of the leak before any significant damage occurs.