cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lighting up outdoor Kitchen..

DatacomGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Our new TT has an outdoor kitchen, and i'd like to get some light around it for using at night.

What have you guys done? LED strips? Rope lights? Fixtures?

Ours looks exactly like this:
http://www.coloniadelreyrvsales.com/brand/shadow-cruiser/2014/galleries/S-280QBS/16.jpg
2015 Shadow Cruiser 280QBS | 2015 Ford Expedition XLT HD Tow
Equal-i-zer E4 12K# WDH
7 REPLIES 7

Speedogomer
Explorer
Explorer
I used an LED strip in my outdoor kitchen. When I need light, I turn it to white, and when I'm just sitting around the fire and need an ambient light for refueling (getting more beer) I turn it to red, which is easier on the eyes. It also dosen't bathe the whole campsite in bright light when it's red, and is much less noticeable. Dosen't detract from sitting around the fire.
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn, "Katy"
2014 Outback Terrain 260trs "Alice"
2011 French Bulldog Shelter adopted edition, "Roscoe"
1982 DW, "Rachel"
2016 DD "Harper", the newest lil camper.

Dtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
LED's don't seem to attract bugs as much as others. If you use something other than LED, I would use an amber color
Our Travel Blog

2018 Premier 29RKPR
2014 Ford F-150

lushy
Explorer
Explorer
I used LED Christmas lights and mounted them on the inside frame of the outdoor kitchen door. You can not see the cord or lights but it offers a nice glow of lighting. I also purchased a thin LED light strip and mounted it on the inside of the door so when you open the door it projects the light from above. I used the 3M velcro tabs and ran the cord to the outlet on the inside of the kitchen.
2011 Jayco Jay Feather Select 29L, Blue Ox Sway Pro
2007.5 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Duramax Diesel, Air Lift

DatacomGuy
Explorer
Explorer
JA722 wrote:
We have the exact same outside kitchen (in fact exact same trailer).

Simply due to lack of a better idea, we place a couple battery puck led lights right on the counter top. They end up pointing directly up into the air, but they are so bright it still illuminates the entire kitchen area.

Have fun! We LOVE our Shadow Cruiser 280QBS!!!

Thank you! And great to hear! We just received it TODAY. Taking it out this weekend.. !
Equal-i-zer E4 12K# WDH

JA722
Explorer
Explorer
We have the exact same outside kitchen (in fact exact same trailer).

Simply due to lack of a better idea, we place a couple battery puck led lights right on the counter top. They end up pointing directly up into the air, but they are so bright it still illuminates the entire kitchen area.

Have fun! We LOVE our Shadow Cruiser 280QBS!!!

DatacomGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Good idea. As i sit and think about it, i may put some LED strips underneath the stove unit too.. so it shines on the ground. Will help a little too.
Equal-i-zer E4 12K# WDH

howellma
Explorer
Explorer
I used two different lights, first an led strip from lowes up under the edge do it shine straight down to cabinet then a set of round led puck lights on the inside of the door which help illuminate the outside area some.