cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for A-Frame rental (California)

rvsixer
Explorer
Explorer
Realized both a standard TT or truck camper are not ideal for us. Thinking an A-frame camper might be best (Aliner, Chalet, Forest River or such).

Want to try one out, can't find any on the internet for rent within driving distance (Orange County, CA). Please let me know if you would consider a rental, or know of a place that rents them.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
The only thing I know is that if you're Navy or Marines they rent one Aliner at the 32nd street naval base in San Diego. I don't have any real information aside from that because I am not military, but I was helping a friend out and did some poking around last year so I'll post it here in case it helps someone.

In looking through an old email chain I see that I did a search for OAC NBSD Camping Rentals. I might have been on the MWR website when I did this search, or it might have been Google.

The rental price was $125 a weekend and there was usually a decent size waiting list. (possibly bigger after I post this)

That's about all the help I can offer.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the sage advice given out sometimes is to rent a PUP before you buy one so you know what you're getting into and how well it will work for you.

The problem is exactly as you describe: where to rent one. I was never able to find anywhere within my state or neighboring states that made it worthwhile to rent. The only places I've ever been able to find were in Colorado.

Good luck in finding something closer to you but you may just have to go that extra distance to rent one. Good luck and let us know how you come out on it.
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.