cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to upgrade to a TT after hybrid for 14 years!

Brika
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone! We bought a 2006 Jayco 23B hybrid in the summer of 2004 (yes my years are accurate) and we've taken very good care of it. We've had so much fun with her, and now that our daughters are 14 and almost 13, I'm feeling the need for some more space and less set up. The kids have argued about sharing the back bunk for about 3 years, it's time. I want to still enjoy camping!

So- I'm looking for advice. We want the following:
outdoor kitchen (with fridge)
external speakers
seperate bedroom for the Parents
at least two bunks
light weight to tow as possible.

Maybe we should open our minds to 5th wheel too? We haven't been in the RV shopping mode for a VERY long time. I found one that interests us, it's a 2012 Keystone Hornet Hideout 30BHDS.

I'd be super appreciative to hear your thoughts.

🙂
19 REPLIES 19

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco has several models that fit your requirements, except they are NOT light weight. They start around 6,000 lbs. empty, and can run up to 9,000 lbs. loaded

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
What you're looking for sounds heavy. Personally, since it sounds like you're going with a new rig from TV to TT/5er, and you want the things you've mentioned, I'd get a fifth wheel. In a perfect world I'd get a Chevy or Ford 3500/350 crew cab and a fiver. We don't have kids, just little dogs, and we didn't want the commitment of having a big truck. So, we went the travel trailer route, no outdoor kitchen. I have a nice gas grill in the camper and have never had any need for the outside kitchen. They seem pretty cool though. Enjoy the process!!

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Cant fault your reasoning for a new unit, but you have a good track record with Jayco, why not go back to the well?

peoples1234
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure what you are looking for as far as weight, whether new or used, or your budget. But with two teenagers, I'd look for something with a dual "full" size bunk like the MPG 2400BH. It checks all of your boxes, including the outdoor kitchen with a small fridge.

https://www.cruiserrv.com/mpg-2400bh

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
You might as well get used to having the main bedroom in the front of the rig. Can't think of an exception to that design.
For help you could search this Forum for `must haves' either in the TT or 5er sections.
One of my `must haves' is the ability to use galley and head at rest stops without opening any slides. Yes I used to be a sailor!
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)