cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Message for Tiger4X4RV.....

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I was attempting to send a PM to Tiger4X4RV but I am not on your buddy list.
So, I created this post.

Hello Tiger--

I read a post from 2018 that mentioned you had a copy of the manual for a 2005 Six Pac camper. I was hoping you would be willing to send me a copy.

I am considering a 2005 Six Pac D650. It would be my first camper.

Amy tips you can share on this camper (pros/cons) and also what to look for, would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K
1 REPLY 1

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
You are now on my buddy list and I will send you what I have, which is the brochure on the Six Pac and some photos taken on my visit to the factory in 2006.

As to pros/cons, for public viewing:

Biggest con is of course that Six Pac is no longer manufactured and has not been for quite a while. They were once very popular around here. The factory was local and they appeared to produce a great basic camper.

So why did I not choose this wonderful camper? The Six Pac or any truck camper did not fit my wish list. There is no perfect RV, but having the ability to go from living quarters to truck cab without going outside was VERY high on my list. I had had that feature on my pre-Tiger RV (a small Class C, very much like a Tiger), which I had adventured in for 15 years, and I was not wanting to do without it.

Might I have bought the Six Pac if it was the best fit for my list? Yes. Great basic camper, well built, not loaded with fancy stuff I didn't need or want, decent price.

Should you buy the 2005 Six Pac? Consider the following:

Look VERY carefully at any damage accumulated over the years, especially looking for signs of moisture damage. This problem is almost universal on older units of all types, not just Six Pac and not just truck campers. Rain seems to want to live inside with you and condensation doesn't want to go away.

Look at your own personal resources. Can you repair problems or afford or even find someone else to repair them?

Does this camper fit into the bed of your truck? I remember reading that truck bed widths have shrunk over the years and that sometimes older campers do not fit into new trucks.

Best of luck in your camper search!
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed