cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobil Never Fail spring bushings aka Lipper Never Fail

flintlok
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any knowledge or experience using Never Fail spring bushings? They are an aftermarket replacement for nylon spring bushings that wear out quickly. They show a bushing that has been installed and towed 100k miles with almost no wear.

I would like to know how this compares with the bronze bushings and wet bolt system offered by Dexter. They come with Zerk fittings in the end of the bolts and are greased by pumping grease in the end of the shackle bolts.
2 REPLIES 2

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
I installed the never fails 2 yrs ago. I haven't looked at them but I don't have any issues as of yet.

I am not a fan of the nylon bushing, then when someone tries to sell me on wet bolts with nylon I just walk away. I built and troubleshot a lot of industrial machinery in my life and I've seen wear.

When I replaced the bushings on my TT I used "oil-lite" bronze bushing. I had to cut them to length and then ream them to size. I also installed wet bolts with them. I sold it 15yrs later and they were still in fine shape. If you try cutting a oil lite bushing and create heat, oil will literally drip out of the bronze. If I have a problem with the never fails I will go back to this method.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Someone on the Heartland Owners Forum wore out a set pretty fast. But then on the other hand the bronze wet bolt bushings wear out too. I had a wet bolt kit installed at about 20,000 miles on my trailer. The original nylon bushings they took out, looked like new...You tell me??

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS