cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Modifications

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
What's your favorite modification? Did it work out as expected? Or did it flop? Share some pics of your handy work.
39 REPLIES 39

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bidet and soft close seat
SS sinks w/residential faucets
Fantastic Fan
Progressive EMS
20A inlet so we can use microwave and A/C at same time
Fiddles on nightstands so books can stay while on the road
Vents on all enclosed spaces
Wine rack under dinette seat
Electronics shelf
Drawers in all cubby holes
Frame mounted cargo rack
Roof ladder
Removed stove and built appliance garage
Wooden Andersen style levelers
Sony stereo w/better speakers
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Wife wanted tissue box next to bed. Tissue box kept falling off the
shelf.

Added to the shelf. Now box stays in place and tissue can be pulled out up or down.

CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Adding more USB ports.

Bluetooth T-stat upgrade
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
We installed Reflectix in every closet and cabinets touching the outside walls. Installation was done with a staple gun. This additional insulation helps with cooling and heating. We could tell a difference right away!

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Progressive EMS install is the first mod I've done to both my trailers.

Upgraded thermostat the second.

On the current trailer the shelf in the pantry over the TV collapsed on the first trip because they constructed it like idiots (floor UNDER the styles stapled upwards?!?) So I cut 2 pieces of 3/4 plywood to replace the luan floor, it's worked very well even with the earthquake that is Michigan roads.

We've cut out Reflectix to the size of the windows, helps a ton with retaining heat in the winter and blocks enough light for the boys to sleep in the rear living area despite it being about 60% windows.

We installed a wire rack shelving unit in the space between the shower and the hall wall, gives us a linen closet like space so we can use the hall closet for the boys. It tipped over once so I tied it off to the bathrobe hanger and that's worked well, just needed to stop the tipping from getting started.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
The DF likes to load all of the drawers very heavy which causes them to fly open on the bumps or sharp corners. This means newer heavier door latches.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dexter EX Flex with wet bolts.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
When we buy a new trailer, my wife has visions of what shelves and dividers she wants inside the cabinets. After she describes them, I build close to what she wants. All of my shelves have the weight carried by the floor, not the sides of cabinets because the cabinets are built very cheaply.
Our Class C went over 50,000 miles with my mods, first TT went 10,000 (sold at that point) and our current TT has gone 25,000 miles without anything coming loose.

I also remove some of the plywood panels that builders install to hid the plumbing, I redo to areas so that I get extra storage and still looks good.

I add a second LP tank and auto switch over regulaotr. I hate getting up in the middle of the night to change LP tanks.

One other thing we do is cut the bench seat plywood lids in half and mount them on hinges to make it easier to get stuff out of the seat. Some extra framing is required to keep the seats strong.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Solarโ€ฆbefore โ€œsolar prepโ€ was an option and skeptics were saying solar doesnโ€™t work and youโ€™ll see panels all over the roadway.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
It may not sound like much but I added 2 shelves in the pantry. There was so much room between the 3 shelves that were in there that I was able to put in 2 more. Just the right height for canned goods. The wife loves it. Another was I divided the under bed storage in half. We have a cat and one half is where the cat box goes. Works very well actually. I also added a wire basket in the bathroom for towel storage. Up behind the toilet high enough not to be a head banger. That works quite well also. Just small things that make RV life easier. Sorry about no pics though.