cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My exhaustive TT search

mpang14
Explorer
Explorer
So I've been looking at tons of trailers. There are so many nice ones out there. My family has finally settled on a floorplan and now I'm trying narrow down which brand. My top choices are (in no particular order):

1. Keystone Premier 31BHPR
2. Cruiser RV Shadow Cruiser 313BHS
3. Coachmen Freedom Express 310BHDS
4. Heartland Wilderness 3150DS
5. Jayco Whitehawk 31DSLB

The Jayco Whitehawk I found is a 2013 model so I can get a better deal on it. But the floorplan isn't perfect as it has less room in the bunkhouse.

Can anyone give me insight or information on those brands/models? Anything I should stay away from?

BTW TV is a F-250 PS.

Thanks!
24 REPLIES 24

Andym133
Explorer
Explorer
Friend of mine just bought a Keystone. The slide on the trailer was manufactured too small and caused problems with the rubber (only 1/4" clearance) After months of back and forth discussion along with Keystones expert coming to look at the trailer it was determined they had made a mistake. Now they don't want to replace the trailer or properly fix it. He purchase an all aluminum frame trailer and they want to cut out the header and add wood. Long story short they don't want to do the right thing. I will never purchase a Keystone product.
For all Keystone owners who are happy, Bless your heart.

mpang14
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to stay around 6500 lbs dry. I just feel more comfortable with that weight and I've been looking at the new F-150 so I don't want to max that out if I have to get a new TV.

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
At a recent RV show, the Jayco's really stood out to me as being more substantial and felt better built than they others. The Jayco on your list is an Ultra Light, no need for that with the F-250. Have you looked at the Jayco Jay Flight and the Jayco Eagle to see if they have a floor plan you like?

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
My short list of those would be 1 and 4. JMO
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

jeshoffstall
Explorer
Explorer
Based on what I have seen and learned from others on the interweb, I would narrow the list to 1, 4 and 5. We have been very happy with our Flagstaff (Forest River), the interior seems very nice to us. Not to add to your list but they do have a 831BHDSyou may want to consider.

I am sure Rockwood makes the same floor plan and they can be had on RV direct.

Forest River offers a second full year of warranty for $200, although we did not have to use it.

Good luck!
2017 F150 SCREW, 5.0, 4x4, 3.55 axle
2012 Flagstaff V-Lite 21WRS (Sold) back in the market
Equal-i-zer WDH 1K
Mary Beth (DW)
Kirby & Khloe (camping pugs)

des04004
Explorer
Explorer
We went with a 2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32TSBH and it has a huge bunk room in the back. We got it with fiberglass siding and love it. We also liked the 32BHDS but it came down to the dealer having the 32TSBH in stock first.
2008 Ford F-250 Larait V10
2011 Forest River Wildwood T27BHSS (sold)
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32TSBH

mpang14
Explorer
Explorer
Edited original post to include TV. Should have done that from the start.

I need to go and have a look at the floorplan of the Jayco to see how much different it really is. I really just want and area where the kids can have their own space to play or relax.

I wish I could take the time to drive to RVWholesalers or Holman, the furthest I could realistically go is maybe Oregon, Utah, Colorado.

aarond76
Explorer
Explorer
If you are already questioning the Jayco floorplan then stay away from it. The sour taste of not having the floor plan you really want will stay with you long after the joy of getting a good deal has worn off.

I have no experience but general consensus seems that RV pricing in California is quite high compared to the rest of the county. Many people have driven to the Midwest to buy from RV Wholesalers, Holman, and others and saved upwards of $5k doing so after travel expenses.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a hard look at the floor plan. Modifications may not be all that easy later. Also double check the suitability of the TV.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

AirForceAngler
Explorer
Explorer
From the ones you mentioned, I'd go with the Jayco. Most Jaycos I've seen/owned just seem to be built a little better than most others.
2013 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4x4 iForce 5.7
2014 Grey Wolf by Forest River 26BH TT