cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help ID Manufacturer of Vintage Camper

flysar
Explorer
Explorer
About one week ago I bought this fiberglass pop up truck camper for some short outings and was hoping someone could help me ID the manufacturer for registration; the placard that is printed manufacturer, Date & Serial Number is blank. The previous owner thought it was built in the 70's. Only lead I have is a raised lettered placard on the back "Yucca Valley" and a meets standards California Dept of Housing plate. I emailed them the data plate information and nothing turned up.

19 REPLIES 19

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
My thinking was that if you do this exhaustive search to find a name of a no longer existing manufacturer, what does it really gain you?
History is preserved a little bit longer.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
My thinking was that if you do this exhaustive search to find a name of a no longer existing manufacturer, what does it really gain you?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

flysar
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about WA home built but I'm pursuing that angle with the DMV. At worse case I can use trip permits for occasional use until I figure it out but the goal would be title & license.

I figured since it had a California Dept of Housing plate on it then it was built by an RV Manufacturer just need to figure out who first, then I'll see what that leads to.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe Phoenix Pop UP Truck camper.???
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Since campers are not registered in CA, you are pretty much SOL there. If someone in WA home built their own camperm would they fill that line out or just put, "N/A"?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk