cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with a Exterior problem

Adrian2Door
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking to buy a new Trailer but the trailer has some cracks on the exterior. I was wondering if anyone has an idea what it could be and if it repairable for a reasonable price.

Pictures https://imgur.com/a/5rEHOm1
22 REPLIES 22

Adrian2Door
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
BarabooBob wrote:
That may be a "new' trailer but it is also a damaged trailer. I think that there is something wrong to have that many cracks in the sides. Maybe the frame is screwed up and putting tension on the side panels. I personally would not buy it.

I agree with this! This trailer is new??

The trailer is a 2018 but has a salvage title do to storm damage.

Adrian2Door
Explorer
Explorer
BarabooBob wrote:
That may be a "new' trailer but it is also a damaged trailer. I think that there is something wrong to have that many cracks in the sides. Maybe the frame is screwed up and putting tension on the side panels. I personally would not buy it.

Ya it’s on the auction listed as salvage. According to the auction the damage is caused by storm damage.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
BarabooBob wrote:

I agree with this! This trailer is new??

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III

Barney 🙂
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Adrian2Door
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler wrote:
Don't have a price but repair and paint will be $$$$. And then new problems could appear.

Would the repair be more than $6000. And my dad paints so I’m not worried about the painting price.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't have a price but repair and paint will be $$$$. And then new problems could appear.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not good.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB