cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

new battery dead while pluged in

fun_w_son
Explorer
Explorer
My camper (keystone VR1) stays plugged in on a shore power 30amp hooked to my house. i went the other day and noticed that the battery was low, so after checking all the fuses, i removed it and purchased a new deep cycle battery. hooked it all up and everything was fine. went in the camper a week later and noticed that the battery was down to 3 lights on the meter in the camper. just to check, i put the AC and fridge on, they turned on fine. went 2 days later and the AC and fridge were not running. i had no lights in the camper and the meter had 0 lights lit up. so i turned off the AC and fridge. i will be looking into it tonight after work.... can you guys point me to the first items i should check....
2007 GMC Duramax
2007 VR1 310BHS
45 REPLIES 45

TheWB
Explorer
Explorer
Determine that your battery is getting a sufficient charge. Check the voltage on the battery, should be 13.6 if it's getting a normal charge. If it isn't, that usually means your converter isn't charging it correctly. Would explain your symptoms. Let us know what you find and we'll go from there.

Also be sure your coverter is turned on at the distribution panel. You could have power hooked up from shore, but wouldn't be charging your battery any if it isn't turned on.