cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New TT - Gutter Extention fell off

Tom-n-Holly
Explorer
Explorer
We went out to the storage area where we are keeping our TT to do some minor mods to the bunk beds. While walking around the TT like a new owner should, I found the extention laying on the ground. It looks like it wasn't chalked correctly. Should I take it back to CampingWorld and have them fix it, or should I try and fix it myself? We are pretty much our of the rainy season here in Norther California so I'm nto really concerned with rain running down at this point but we are considering a cover while it's in storage and I'm concerned that the other three gutter extentions will fall off.

Thanks for the help.

Tom
6 REPLIES 6

thib2722
Explorer
Explorer
It just snaps on. Mine would come off when I washed the unit. The last time, I used clear silicone as an adhesive.

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of them do snap on. The on and off with a cover, will be very hard on them and the cover. If they don't break or fall off, they will wear a hole in the cover.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I think most gutter extensions just snap on. They do fall off occasionally.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
my gutter extensions look like this one pictured here. These are all universal and just snaps in place. I guess you could run a RTV bead and make it more permanent. The certainly are nice to have on to keep the black streaks away from the side of the trailer.

They only $5-$10 dollars available everywhere...

This would come under my NO BIG DEAL thing haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
The more you can learn about maintaining your trailer the better, like every RV owner.

Now that being said, do make sure warranty work and bigger issues are follow-through and fixed by dealer.

The little gutter extensions, should be a clip on, screw driver, or very easy fix. If you have a ladder, check it out, may save a trip to dealer.

Info on installing common gutter extension

If looks like something bigger, get it back to dealer.

Covers get debated all time here, some positive and some negatives.

Might depend on how long trailer stored, area being stored, etc.

A cover will tend to mess up those little gutter extensions.

Have fun!
Markiemark
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
If you run back to the dealer with every minor fix/adjustment/tweak needed on an RV, you will never see your rig. It will ALWAYS be at the shop.

Like with a house, being handy and fixing most of the stuff yourself that needs attention is the way to go.
You will also learn a lot about your rig by working on it. Gutter extensions take a short ladder and about 5 min. to replace.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro