Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New upstart American Boler

BroncosFan
Explorer
Explorer
http://americanboler.com a new upstart from http://www.tep-campers.com

Does anyone know if a mold is being made or if it's still in the CAD design phase?
25 REPLIES 25

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Cars used to tow them around

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Nice!

Some molded makers are putting wood interiors in though traditionally the inside cabinets etc. are also molded.

I s'pose it's a matter of what you like, mostly, but functionally speaking wood interiors have raised fg trailer weights a LOT in recent years. To me, that seems counter to their original design "commitment" to staying on the light side...

Pretty par for the course here. I think you can sell cheap lightweight units without making them looking "empty"

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Nice!

Some molded makers are putting wood interiors in though traditionally the inside cabinets etc. are also molded.

I s'pose it's a matter of what you like, mostly, but functionally speaking wood interiors have raised fg trailer weights a LOT in recent years. To me, that seems counter to their original design "commitment" to staying on the light side...
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Most folks just call them "molded fiberglass trailers". They all share the characteristic of having been cast from (usually two-piece) molds instead of having body framework.

Some folks call them "eggs"- I'm not sure why unless it's because so many of them are white!

Thanks Francesca. "Eggs" it is . Now for the Interiors a "Pop Top" has this as a minimum. Not flash but reasonable.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Most folks just call them "molded fiberglass trailers". They all share the characteristic of having been cast from (usually two-piece) molds instead of having body framework covered with fiberglass or aluminum siding.

Some folks call them "eggs"- I'm not sure why unless it's because so many of them are white!

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Yeah...the Bigfoot's molded fiberglass, too.

As is the Casita, and the Scamp, and the Trillium, Escape, Eggcamper, Parkliner, Snoozy, Outback (Canadian version)..

Is there any specific name for these type of very small Caravans? We have "Pop Top" for a raised roof variety, but they would be enormous compared to these. Have any of these manufacturers thought of making their interiors a little bit more snazzy?

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah...the Bigfoot's molded fiberglass, too.

As is the Casita, and the Scamp, and the Trillium, Escape, Eggcamper, Parkliner, Snoozy, Outback (Canadian version)...

Lots of current competition!

Then there was recently a very short-lived so-called "high end" one for a while, too- the "Oliver". It went belly up after producing fifty units, I think.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Isn`t the Bigfoot TT already built the same way?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if it'll actually be produced or not...There's nothing on the immediate horizon that I've heard of.

A startup like that would cost quite a bit of money. It may be that part of the reason for the webpage is to attract investors.

We'll see!

BroncosFan
Explorer
Explorer
So you don't think it will be made? It's just a CAD design, no master mold or trailer business will be started? Thanks in advance.

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
It's vaporware...

There's been quite a bit of discussion about it at fiberglass RV, much of it surrounding the ethics of using the Boler name, evidently for the purpose of capitalizing on its fame. (The original Boler was invented by Canadian Ray Boler, supposedly inspired by fiberglass septic tanks, and was the very first molded trailer in North America. Surviving units from those days are much sought after by afficionados of the type.)

There is, as you'll note in the very fine print at the bottom of the first page, no connection between the original Boler and the presently contemplated new trailer....nor, evidently, was any permission sought or granted from the surviving family members for this new use of the Boler name.