cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie's Project: 2010 Tango Twist 21ft

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2010 Pacific Coachworks Tango Twist 21ft.

I bargained well and got it for 10K CAD.

Lightly used...4 times to be exact.....and then parked.

While being advertised for sale....it was vandalized...the battery and box were cut out and the propane tanks absconded with.

No biggy.

In the past 4 days or so, I've made a couple of visits to the RV store and read all the documentation that came with the trailer.

Getting my feet wet. Soaking wet.
150 REPLIES 150

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Great looking spice rack. I think we did something like that in "Metal Shop", Middle school age (it's been awhile). Tip for storage during transport: Buy and use excessive amount of paper towel rolls. You'll end up using them but they make great cushions between even the heaviest items like big cans and large pans/pots.

Keep the mods coming Nobs, we all enjoy another guy's work and additions to the trailer.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought some spares.
2 leaf spring packs, brass insert bushings, bearing kit and U bolt kit.

The last trip I took was on some pretty nasty roads in BFN with a FULLY loaded trailer.

Had a spring break...I would have been screwed.

$120.00 CAD

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
A link to my Solar Panel Project.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29605064.cfm

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
After my last long distance trip which included about 70 miles on a Taliban Goat Path in Northern Quebec, I realized that I needed a partition between my dishes and my food storage compartment.
By the end of the trip everything had slid to and fro.

I bought some white (one side) Masonite and glued 2 pieces together so that I had white both sides.....it's light and easy to work with.
Wedge fit and then caulked both sides to keep it in place...for at least 25 years! According to the label!

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
42 years ago I made a spice rack out of aluminum in shop class.
I gave it to my Mom for Xmas or some such.

Last year my parents moved out of the farm and into a senior's residence and in the BIG CLEAN UP I snatched back that spice rack. 🙂

Fits perfect!

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of small mods this year.

I finally purchased some plexi glass to make shelf stoppers.

I used silicone adhesive to install.

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Today I finally finished caulking all the windows, door, compartment doors and frames, roof seams and accessories.

Probably have about 8 hours total invested.....and 5 tubes of Tremco 830 as well as 2 tubes of Dicor Lap sealant (self leveling).

Lets see how long it all holds up.

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
#1nobby wrote:

Figures because that was the part of the hose that was missing.

And now it's not. 🙂

Baby steps.

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:

Lucky you're not a purist then as that fridge drain hose is supposed to have drainage plug on the end of it.

I did not know that.

Figures because that was the part of the hose that was missing.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
#1nobby wrote:
(And for the purists I want to apologize for the black rubber hose.)

Lucky you're not a purist then as that fridge drain hose is supposed to have drainage plug on the end of it. :W As for how your new hose is routed to the outside world that's how it's supposed to be done.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
#1nobby wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
#1nobby wrote:
I took a look at the fridge from the outside.....full of pine needles and dirt....and the drain hose snapped of in my hand.

I have no idea how high the hose goes before it terminates,,,but I'm going to need a new one.

Hate to break it to you but buying a new hose may be the least of your problems as replacing it often requires removal of the fridge in order to gain sufficient access to the hose. Just sayin'. :W

So I managed to replace it....but just.

Looks like my replacement hose is actually directing the fridge defrost water away from the interior!

Another win for The Nob.

(And for the purists I want to apologize for the black rubber hose.)

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
My final items are complete. I finally found a tongue jack foot pad locally and I have been testing everything with shore power.

Everything is working as it should.

Leaving this Sunday for my first 3 day adventure....my shake down before gearing up for a serious dry camping trip in July with my Dad in Northern Quebec.

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Murdoch2916 wrote:
I am trying to find a weight distribution system that doesn't interfere with the propane tank cover.

The cover is purely cosmetic.....get the weight distribution system you want / need....and worry about that cover after.

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Murdoch2916 wrote:
Great work on your trailer. We just bought a 23' tango twist. I am trying to find a weight distribution system that doesn't interfere with the propane tank cover. Just wondering what make and model you have. It must be short. I am also thinking of adding the pedestal legs for same reason you did. How is the new setup for wobbling? The plywood is fairly thin in the floor. What type of screws did you use? I don't want them being yanked out when someone bumps the table! Cheers

I have a 21ft 2010 Tango Twist.

There are enough screw holes in the pedestal bases to share the stress. Two legs makes it quite sturdy.

Picture of yours?