cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold N621F (6 cu ft) Defrosting or water tank leak

NVR2L82AV8
Explorer
Explorer
Stopped after some driving with the camper and noticed water dripping from the truck bed. Not a steady drip at all. Just a little wet spot on the pavement. Water is clear. Next stop no leak-1 hr later. Thinking it has come from either the water tank ( which is not full and both Black and Gray are empty), or from the refrigerator defrost cycle. I've never seen a drain hose below the slide out or on the very bottom of the camper floor. So, any water is leaking through the floor seams and onto the bed then out....... I'll be monitoring this one this trip!!

Anyway, I just can't imagine the Norcold defrosting more water than the cup in the back can handle during the defrost cycle. Anyone had any experice with this? Looks like I'll have to pull off the floor panels and see if I can trace where this is coming from.....

2012 AF 990
2013 AF 990
2003 F350 6.0L 4X4 DRW, Oil bypass filter, Coolant Filter, Blue Spring fuel pressure mod, DELO ELC, DashBoss Bluetooth engine monitor, EGT/FP gauge, SuperSprings, torklift hitch/tiedowns, 48" SuperTruss, fastguns, Kenwood CMOS Backup Camera.
1 REPLY 1

Tamnative
Explorer
Explorer
Take the cover off the back of the refer on the outside of the camper. You should have a plastic louvered cover with two black "clips" that have a groove in them for a screw driver.Just turn them 90* and pull the cover off. I bet you find a drain hose there on the back.
2005 Ford F-350 ex-cab Lariat 4x4 srw 6.0 Powerstroke
2008 Bigfoot 10.4