cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Picking up my FIRST RV / TT on Saturday!

jpochard
Explorer
Explorer
No real questions here...just an introduction. I have always loved traveling on the road vs. flying. I've been in every state EXCEPT Alaska and California. Planning now for a solo trip this fall from near Indy, north to the NW area, down the Pacific coast and back to Indy. Since I will be gone over a month, I started thinking about doing so with an RV. We have a 2012 Ford F-150 Lariat as a TV. Although I've never towed, I'm confident in my abilities to learn. As a Newbie, I wanted to make this purchase early so that I have several months to become acquainted with the do's, don'ts, must haves, leave behinds, how-to's, and "now what?s" I'm sure to encounter. I'm super excited!

My requirements were - easy enough to tow, no hybrids or slides, larger fridge, more bed than simply a conversion, and some good lounge space. I ended up with a 2015 Coleman 192RDS Lantern. Don't ask me too many technical questions because my head is swimming already with so much to learn! I do know that the unit was owned by a guy who seemed to take excellent care of it. It comes with the cover he left (which is needed since it will store in an open lot), and also has some cool little "add-ons" that he created including some shelves, drink holders etc that he made - so it appears he enjoyed using and taking care of the camper. Sometimes it's the little things you notice.

I'm a 50-something grandma who is a photographer and enjoys meeting new people and seeing new things. Unfortunately, hubby isn't able to retire yet, so this trip will be by myself this time around.

I have started perusing all the forums here reading up on all kinds of topics and tips. This is such a wonderful resource! Wish me luck and if you happen to have this kind of TT, let me know how you like it.

Happy trails!

Judy
15 REPLIES 15

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
"no ... slides"

Why? Makes a small TT big when parked.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad