cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ProPride P3 hitch - uninstall and re-install

TonyOCKy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Pro Pride P3 hitch on my Sunline T2499 and would like to move it over to my new TT, whenever I get around to choosing one. Has anyone done this before? Will I have to tear it down to every nut and bolt, effectively performing an installation in reverse, or are there any shortcuts I can take?
2004 F150 V8 Triton & Rockwood Ultra Lite 2408WS
Louisville, Kentucky
3 REPLIES 3

TonyOCKy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I was the initial installer and had a hard time installing it the first time. 95 degree weather didn't help. Anyway, I decided to go with a Reese Straight Line hitch I purchased from ProPride and I have to say I'm impressed. Not quite as rock solid as the P3, but it worked really well driving back with my new trailer in 25 mph winds, gusting 35. I'm selling my Sunline with the P3 installed hoping for a quick sale.
2004 F150 V8 Triton & Rockwood Ultra Lite 2408WS
Louisville, Kentucky

falconman
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't sound like you were the one who did the first installation. If not, you need to get an installation manual. Like the other poster, I just removed my Hensley from my trailer I just sold. I'm the one who installed it so I knew what needed to be done. Basically, you just keep pulling the clips and pins until the components are separate, then unbolt as necessary. Reinstalling is a bit more time consuming since you need to know the measurements and how to adjust. It's not rocket science but the manual is crucial.

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Shouldn't have to strip it right down. I did the same thing with my Hensley and new TT last year. I dropped the old tt off when picking up the new so I was able to park them side by side. I just undid the pins holding the bars to the jack screws, unlatched the tongue and raised it, then pulled the TV ahead with the whole hitch. Backed up under the new one and reversed the process. Only thing left to do was unbolt the frame brackets from the old, move them onto the new and re-attach the bars, then adjust as required. Simple. Took about an hour.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley