cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

repair of bad floor

quickrod66
Explorer
Explorer
Found some soft spot at door way of tt,( 22 ft Caravan fleetwood 2004) not sure how to proceed, pondering whether to attemp myself or take to shop.Does the door frame need to be removed, or just pry up kick plate and proceed from there, bad wood on back in trailer maby 4 "
3 REPLIES 3

westend
Explorer
Explorer
By the time some users have ignored the spongy floor over time, it may be necessary to replace some of the floor framing, also.

I removed all the plywood, replaced some joists, insulated the spaces, drilled new plumbing through holes, and installed new plywood in my old TT. Totalled about 15 hours. I did have the advantage that all the cabinetry and trim was removed at the time.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, Wish I could give a better answer, but without seeing picture or very detailed description; sort like talking the dentist over phone. Does it need filled, pulled or capped?
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
It's very labor intensive to repair this time of damage. So it depends on your income, free time and skill level. You need to find the leak(s) stop them, remove and replace all damaged wood and what you need to remove depends on how extensive the damage is.
I've done this type of repair twice and vowed to never again, good luck, I fear you will need it.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.