cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Water Inlet?

GotLift
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the starting capacitor did the trick with the A/C.

Now I need a couple more things to be ready for camping season. Has anyone replaced the Fresh Water Inlet on their trailer? Mine hasnever been a good fit and leaks water like crazy. the Plastic "grip" molded to the metal threads has always slipped. I need to replace it with a much higher quality fitting than the junk that came with it.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
"If you remain calm while everything around you is chaos then you probably haven't fully understood the situation."

2006 Ford F-250, Crew Cab, Lariat, 6.0L Powerstroke
2010 North Country 27BHS
Me- Tommy
Wife- Lisa
Daughter- Makenna
Son- Kameran
4 REPLIES 4

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I've replaced them in the past, pretty easy, the better ones are made of brass as I recall. Check the end inside the trailer, some are male and some female. Thread size is the same on all I've seen.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

GotLift
Explorer
Explorer
I ended up ordering a couple on Amazon. $27 for both with free shipping. They look very similar to what I have. It's lasted 4 years so I figured they are easy enough to replace if it fails again.

Thanks.
"If you remain calm while everything around you is chaos then you probably haven't fully understood the situation."

2006 Ford F-250, Crew Cab, Lariat, 6.0L Powerstroke
2010 North Country 27BHS
Me- Tommy
Wife- Lisa
Daughter- Makenna
Son- Kameran

granitebaygeeze
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced ours last year. Turned out there are a variety of different ones so be sure to get a replacement that's right for you. We replaced ours because the internal check valve failed and being internal to the valve assembly, could not be purchased separately the installed into our assemble.

Replacement was easy but putty tape will be needed to assure a leak free job. We also overlay the putty with a thin white caulk as added insurance.

johntinacamping
Explorer
Explorer
If you're talking about the city water connection, I'm looking to replace mine for the same reason. I haven't seen this one in person but it appears to be a better alternative by simply having the brass check valve instead of a plastic one:

City Water connection