cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RG921 LED conversion

docnascar
Explorer
Explorer
After some research I made the change to LED. I'm very pleased with it. I ended up going with the Natural White (4000~4500K). I wanted something crisper than the current 921 / T10 bulbs. They appear brighter as well. These have no blue tint to them. Don't know about reliability yet, time will tell. They are from China and took about 1.5wk to arrive.

• Built in with 48pcs super Bright 1210 SMD
  • Color: Natural White
  • Color Temperature :4000~4500K
  • Double side adhesive in the back.
  • Working Voltage :12 volts DC
  • Size:Length 48mm,Width 40mm

Natural white 48smd link

Here are some pics for comparison. Its just laying in the lense for comparison. They have double sided tape on them, which I later mounted them flush to the top of the light fixture.

LED on right.

LED on top.

If you prefer the warm white and want the same color as the 921, you can probably go with these. I didn't purchase these so I can't say if they have the same intensity and brightness.
Warm white 48smd link

For some fun, I went with a 10smd green LED on one of the fixtures we barely use. Makes a good night light.
Tow Vehicle
2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
6.0L gas. Double Cab

Travel Trailer
2020 Grand Design 2400BH
13 REPLIES 13

netaq
Explorer
Explorer
I've bought 4 packs of these and I like them. $2 a bulb...slightly less light than the incandescent they replace but the same warm white light color.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EKN8FXC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2016 Sierra 371REBH
2016 Ram 3500 Big Horn 6.7/Aisin

cinrock
Explorer
Explorer
I went with m4products. Their warm white Elite series doesn't give off that bluish tint that some find not to their taste. I did have one blow out. I emailed them and the owner emailed back within minutes to tell me a replacement was on the way. Can't beat the service!
'05 F-350 Lariat DRW 6.0 PSD
'11 831QBSS Flagstaff Classic Signature Series
Held on by a Reese Dual Cam HP

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
I am running similar ones in my cargo trailer - the natural white lights it up nice.

These: Flat panel 48 LED, "bright white"

These don't require sticking them to the upper side of the fixture, which wouldn't have work on my lights, since the heat shield (aka reflector) is concave.

I have a reflector and have the panels just sticking to the edges of it. I think it helps some with heat having air behind it.

I do get much more even light with cob style bulbs. The panels tend to act more like spot lights with my fixtures, they are clear with a focusing lens on the bottom and the fall off to the sides is pretty dramatic.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.ledtrailerlights.com is having a sale through Dec 1st.

put in this coupon code at checkout: rvledsale
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
I am running similar ones in my cargo trailer - the natural white lights it up nice.

These don't require sticking them to the upper side of the fixture, which wouldn't have work on my lights, since the heat shield (aka reflector) is concave.
Bob

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
christopherglenn wrote:
I got command electronics "bulbs", they are around 24 bucks each, but are *much* brighter - as in casts shadows on the floor brighter - then the standard bulbs.

Yep, Command LED are double the lumen of the stock lamp. I am suspect of any replacement that doesn't list the lumen. I bought Command as well.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
I got command electronics "bulbs", they are around 24 bucks each, but are *much* brighter - as in casts shadows on the floor brighter - then the standard bulbs.
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer

Bob

docnascar
Explorer
Explorer
Eyetattoo wrote:
Do they light up the trailer like the old ones?

Yes and better to me because I like the natural white. I'm pleased with them.
Tow Vehicle
6.0L gas. Double Cab

Travel Trailer
2020 Grand Design 2400BH

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
The natural white bulbs that I just installed in my Apex 215RBK are:

http://www.m4products.com/elite-series/

Very pleased with these, highly recommended!

Eyetattoo
Explorer
Explorer
docnascar wrote:
Eyetattoo wrote:
Might have to try these out, the one I got didnt give out the amount of light I was looking for. How do these compare in person for light output?

They seem a tad brighter than the original bulbs, but I thinks its because they are whiter.
Do they light up the trailer like the old ones? The bulbs I bought looked brighter but didnt light up the trailer as good as the 921's.
2015 2500HD Duramax LTZ Crew Cab
2005 26' Attitude Toy Hauler
2007 GSXR600
2004 YFZ450
2006 TRX90
2013 Raptor 90
2007 Raptor 350

Is it time to camp yet?!

docnascar
Explorer
Explorer
Eyetattoo wrote:
Might have to try these out, the one I got didnt give out the amount of light I was looking for. How do these compare in person for light output?

They seem a tad brighter than the original bulbs, but I thinks its because they are whiter.
Tow Vehicle
6.0L gas. Double Cab

Travel Trailer
2020 Grand Design 2400BH

Eyetattoo
Explorer
Explorer
2015 2500HD Duramax LTZ Crew Cab
2005 26' Attitude Toy Hauler
2007 GSXR600
2004 YFZ450
2006 TRX90
2013 Raptor 90
2007 Raptor 350

Is it time to camp yet?!