cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof coming apart

ifd22
Explorer
Explorer
Pictures aren't the greatest, however on our 2016 Shadow cruiser 280qbs the roof sheeting appears to be lifting where the roof meets the wall. It is doing this in several spots. When pushing on the roof it springs back into place. This is putting great stress on the roofing material, and I'm sure eventually will cause tears and roof leaking issues. Luckily the camper will be under warranty until December. I plan on using it through November, I'll just have to keep an eye on it.
Has anybody ever had an issue like this? Was it an issue getting it fixed properly? Should properly fixing it mean removing the roof entirely?
I'm a little upset with this, we bought a brand new camper and pay for covered storage so we could have a nice camper for a long time, having roof issues is very frustrating to say the least.

2019 Primetime lite Crusader
2018 Ram 2500 Crewcab CTD
Andersen hitch
20 REPLIES 20

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with everyone else, you paid for it and it is under warranty and should be the dealer's problem to repair it. If you try repairing it just may void the warranty..
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

ChuckNTruck
Explorer
Explorer
I have a heartland sundance xlt which is just a rebranded shadow cruiser. Mine had the exact same issue 3 months after i bought it. My dealer said the factory had missed the studs in a couple spots which caused the plywood under the rubber to come up. They did a roof replacement and resecured the boards on my unit.
Sadly mine is a 281DB which i believe is a similar unit and mine came up in the exact spot.
2015 Ram 2500 CTD 4X4
2017 Heartland Sundance XLT 281DB

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Not good. Who needs that kind of grief?
But, if that were mine it would already be back to the dealer. Don't wait.
At least get it in to the dealer and have him completely inspect and document the condition. Then, if you still want to take it on a couple more trips you have the repair process started and on the books. (and scheduled)

It may have to go back to the factory.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

T-tom
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Vibe that is doing the same thing. Forest river product? Quality is not there. Mine is a 2016 just used once.

dyb
Explorer
Explorer
Dito Dutchman's post
2005 F 250 5.4, 4.10 Gear, Tow/Haul, TorqShift Tranny 8ft. Box
Built in Break Controller
Super Duty super cab 158" wheel base
Eagle 320 rlds 2008
Raised Oct, 1988
Reese Dual Cam

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If it's under warranty, I'd take it back right now and not wait. Let the dealer get everything documented, any warranty work approved from the manufacturer, and schedule a repair date. Meanwhile, while you are waiting, you can still use your camper. If you wait till the very, very end, they may delay inspecting until you pass that initial warranty period and then you are simply screwed! Take it now and get THEIR ball rolling.