cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV covers - Questions for those that use them

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
My new to me 2016 ORV Timber Ridge 280RKS is beautiful and I want to do my best to keep it that way.

With that said, I purchased an ADCO Designer Series RV cover. I used one on my previous RV which was a Class C. Decent quality and fit well for an off the shelf cover. I know that snags will cause tears and will destroy cover in short order if precautions are not taken.

Looking for suggestions/advice on preparation and install:

1. As I prepare to install cover, I am looking at items on the TT that will cause snags/tears in the cover if left as they are.....

mainly rain gutter extension spouts and fixed TV antenna.

To protect cover and reduce chances of snags/tears, I was thinking of some 6"x6" closed cell foam blocks (used in shipping) that I can use to cover the rain gutter extension spouts, but not sure what to do for the TV antenna. Hate to have to get up on roof and add protection for TV antenna each time cover goes up or down.

Thoughts/advice/ideas on RV cover protection as described?

2. Install process.....This ORV has a very angled/sloped roof. It looks much more daunting than my previous Class C which had a flatter roof. Also, the ladder on my ORV is at the extreme left rear with the refer vent right next to it.

How do you install your RV cover? Do you have a step by step process you follow or something else?

Thanks!
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K
18 REPLIES 18

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
jbjuices wrote:
So I cover all gutters and sharp edges, but it still rips. What I've done to protect my cover is buy the Warranty at Camping World. It's definitely worth the money for the warranty since you KNOW you'll replace it in 2-3 years.

The ADCO comes with a 3 year warranty. If/when I need it, let's see how the company performs.....If it's like Costco, I'm golden! If it's like Target, I'm %^#$*&% !!!
Equal-i-zer 10K

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Foam pipe wrap on gutter extensions, pieces of Reflectix to cover any sharp protrusions, including the awning ends, both secured in place with clear duct tape.

One person on the roof to unfurl the cover, another on the ground to dress the cover around the sides of the trailer. Has always worked well for me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the tip on foam pipe wrap and clear duct tape.
How would you use reflectix on the TV antenna?
Equal-i-zer 10K

jbjuices
Explorer
Explorer
So I cover all gutters and sharp edges, but it still rips. What I've done to protect my cover is buy the Warranty at Camping World. It's definitely worth the money for the warranty since you KNOW you'll replace it in 2-3 years.

We lay the cover out on the ground next the the camper and fold the sides over. We then pull the cover up on the roof from the front end, walk the cover to the front lay it down and drape the sides. I then have my 3 kids buckle the straps and tada!! I do take the bag that the cover stores in and drape it over my gas tank cover and then put a Home Depot bucket over the power jack. Now that I have a new Propride hitch, I'll most likely bungee a tarp over the entire front end to protect everything from fading and rust. Don't forget the tire covers...Learned that the hard way when I had to replace them after 2 seasons because I didn't cover them. Camping world is giving them away for free with a purchase of cover
RV: 2018 Highland Ridge Open Range 328BHS
TV: 2017 Ford F350 Platinum
2nd RV: 2010 Jayco 1207 PUP
2nd TV: 2004 Ford Excursion V10
Me ('72), DW ('76),
DS ('02), DD ('05), DD ('08)
Yellow Lab ('14), Golden Doodle ('12), Bichon Frise ('18)

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Foam pipe wrap on gutter extensions, pieces of Reflectix to cover any sharp protrusions, including the awning ends, both secured in place with clear duct tape.

One person on the roof to unfurl the cover, another on the ground to dress the cover around the sides of the trailer. Has always worked well for me. ๐Ÿ™‚
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380