cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sandpoint ID Suggestions

clearnetedm
Explorer
Explorer
Hey fellow RV'ers. I'm looking for some advice for some good camping in and around Sandpoint. We will be doing the trip with 4 kids between 5 - 10 and something close or at water for the kids. Full sites is our preference but could do water/power only. I've never been there before so I'm looking for suggestions from the folks who have and would recommend a site or to.
I've been checking most online but I'm not sure what's with most RV online sites. Always seem to lack good video's or pictures. And if they do they seem to be from the 80'ies. ๐Ÿ™‚ Having the 4 younger kids we like to have a little space between sites. I just can't stand sites where your awning touches your neighbours.

Thanks in advance.
2013 F150 XLT 3.5EB Max Tow
2008 Ford Expy EL
2012 Rockwood 2601S
5 REPLIES 5

DarthMuffin
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to go a little out of town, Samowen in Hope is very nice, near the water. Farragut SP is huge and nice. There is a swimming area but campsites are not very near it. Lots to see there and there's the Silverwood theme park not far away for the kids. Garfield Bay campground is also not far from Sandpoint. Haven't stayed there myself but it looked pretty nice, my dad had his boat moored in the marina there for a while.

I don't recommend the Hi De Ho RV park in Sandpoint itself. We stayed there for a night to restock and do laundry last spring. It worked for that purpose. People were nice and didn't have a "bad" experience but it's not scenic at all, RVs packed in there (some obviously never moving again), near highways and trains.

If you want to go a little farther north, Priest Lake is amazing. My personal favorite place to camp out of anywhere I've been. Not a bad campground on the whole lake.

vic46
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure and check out The Panhandler, if it is still there. Fantastic TALL pies. The beach in front of the Best Western is great and quite accessible. Can't help with the camping, we were not campers when out children were children. We camped at what is now the Best Western, was then called the Edgewater. Super town full of friendly people with lots for your family to do.
[COLOR=]Never argue with an idiot. You will be dragged down to their level and then beaten with experience.

clearnetedm
Explorer
Explorer
98coachman wrote:
I tried to pm you, but didn't work. I live in Sandpoint and would be glad to help you find something. Let me know what exactly you are looking for, how close to town, ect.
Happy camping,
Bill

Hey Bill thats very kind of you. I've PM'd you back and it seemed to go through. Seems I may have posted this ask in the wrong place.
2013 F150 XLT 3.5EB Max Tow
2008 Ford Expy EL
2012 Rockwood 2601S

98coachman
Explorer
Explorer
I tried to pm you, but didn't work. I live in Sandpoint and would be glad to help you find something. Let me know what exactly you are looking for, how close to town, ect.
Happy camping,
Bill

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sandpoint in RV parks
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman