cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sattelite hookup

Las_Vegas_Proud
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 coax plugs behind my TV, one is labeled antenna/cable with a switch to switch between cable and the power booster for the antenna and the other one is labeled sattelite. I have one connection at the back of the trailer it works with cable from the pedestal but not with the sattelite dish I have. I have searched all over the trailer for another possible connection for the sattelite but haven’t found anything. Any ideas?
15 REPLIES 15

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
On my Winnebago the other end of the satellite connection was 'buried' under the roof. Winnebago provided a template that helped you locate the hole you would cut to fish it out when you mounted a roof top sat dish. The first sat system we had was on a Fleetwood Flair. It was an old school manual crank up that was misery to zero in on a sat with. When we got our new Winne, we got a Tailgater that I intended to use as a portable to make it easier to dodge trees. I eventually mounted it permanent on the roof as I found half the time I was having to climb up and put it up there to dodge bushes. As for trees, now I always ask the campground if they have a sat friendly site. They are all hip to that and it gets rid of fiddling with something else (sat dish) when setting up.