cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sealing maintenance

RooDude09
Explorer
Explorer
Well we bought a new house and are able to store our trailer at our house! I feel a lot better about keeping all the seals better maintained than when it was in storage at our friends ranch. I am embarking on the task of touching up the seals. up top on the roof I think im confident in using a self leveling lapping sealant to fill cracks which there doesn't seem to be any yet. On the sides I see some of the silicone sealant has some voids but no leaks yet. Camping World sold me Sikaflex 505uv for this. Is this a good sealant? There are so many brands on the shelves and even part numbers of this brand. My other question is on the caps on the edges of the trailer, the windows, and the door there does not appear to be a sealant per say but more of a butyl sealant. Can I silicone over these as they are getting a little cracked? and if so should I just seal along the tops and down the edges (on the windows). Thank you for any help on this subject!
1 REPLY 1

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I think many RVers won't use silicone on their rigs ... arguably it doesn't hold up, difficult to remove, and nothing sticks to it. I use proflex.
Kevin