cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skylight replacement on a new TPO roof

Downwindtracke1
Explorer
Explorer
The skylight on our 1 year and 4 week old TT leaked. It had been over tightened at the factory. The dealer when he looked at our pictures gave us a new skylight and a tube of Dicor 501. Good on O'Connor RV. I told him I wanted to do it, trusting myself more than any tech.But I thought I better check on the web about using Dicor. It seems the new TPO roof membrane takes a new Dicor Ultra Sealant two part system. Now I'm waiting for a special order and we leave on Friday. Aren't RVs fun, chuckle.
Adventure before dementia
3 REPLIES 3

Downwindtracke1
Explorer
Explorer
I did get the dicor and the butyl tape off. 4.5 hours was better than I did. To get the butyl tape off I used double edged plastic razor blades from Lee Valley tools. It sure sped up the tape removal. For the dicor, I made tool from a 1 1/4 putty knife, sharpened like a chisel but with rounded corners, and cut it close to the membrane.
Adventure before dementia

Double_Haul
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was cracked in the corners, The dicor created a dam that trapped water. I just filled the void with dicor, sloped to drain and it lasted 5 years till the skylight cracked from being sun rotted. It took 5 hrs to replace the darn thing, 4.5 to remove and clean the dicor and butyl caulk off and .5 to install and recaulk. Have the dealer do it.
2016 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab, Duramax
2005 Terry 270FQS
2006 North River 20' Seahawk

limbery
Explorer
Explorer
My new TT had a leaking skylight too and I opted to have the dealer do the repair too since it's under warranty and if it leaks again, they can't blame me when they fix it again (but it seems to be fine now)