Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Award trailers

I am looking for feedback from Award owners, most particularly the 723 model.The aero shape and lower roof at the sides reduces the frontal area. It also seems to be slightly lower at the center than most tt's.How much does this help mpg's?I'm towin...

marininn by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Which Choice? For the Ram folks out there

Hey all, Looking for some advice on replacing my 2003 Tahoe with a new to me truck. Never owned a pickup before, have owned multiple SUVs in the past. I have a daily driver, sole purpose of this truck will be to tow my trailer, I'll also probably k...

Thom02099 by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Ducted to non-ducted?

I may be purchasing a TT with a single, ducted AC unit. The trailer is pre-wired for a second, non-ducted unit in the bed room.My question is, can I buy a new ducted 15K unit to replace it and install some kind of kit on the original 13.5K unit to ma...

ScottG by Nomad
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Intermittent cruise control

Towing 9,000 lbs. behind a 2002 Excursion v-10. Holds 3rd well, but when climbing an incline, some of the time it will downshift to 2nd and pull, sometime it will lug down and the cruise will switch off causing me to coast until I can jump on it and ...

Hemling by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spring Hanging Down

I have a long spring hanging down from my rear slide out, came someone chime in and tell me what it for and where it needs to go back to?Thanks

Gearz by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning fabric replacement

Ok everyone, I finally managed to fully fix my Servel fridge, now it's time for the fun stuff. I've got a new awning fabric I'm installing this weekend on a Carefree of Colorado Spirit 18' awning. A few questions though:The awning fabric was removed ...

What is the "cold" temperature for tire inflation?

Hello quick question. My trailer tires instruct me to use 65 psi when cold. Well some days I start in the 30's and some days in the 70's. And for argument sake, let's say both of those days end in the 90's. I know from using my tire temp and pressure...

wsc7050 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

5th wheel mpg's

I'm looking at converting a 5th wheel horse trailer to meet my needs.For diesels, cummins particularly, I am interested to hear mpg numbers from anyone towing these.I am curious the difference between those horse trailers with flat fronts as opposed ...

marininn by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

When and what to caulk

I have a 2012 AF1150 I bought brand new and use several times a year.It is stored under a large metal carport built specifically for that reason so it has very little, if any exposure to sun.I know it's important to caulk, and I recently went up on t...

Life expectancy of AC unit?

I am about to give up on travel trailers. The AC quit on this trailer after slightly less than 2 years. Thankfully, it was still under warranty. Now, it seems to have quit again, leaving us miserable in 100 degree heat. I think the next week or s...

Working on my setup

My setup was pretty close Front just a little low , need to raise hitch one hole or 1 1/4 inch. Pulls like a absolute dream. You can look up my floor plan Keystone Bullet 246RBSI have all my wheel well measurements if interested Will weigh at a lat...

JCK by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the "cold" temperature for tire inflation?

Hello quick question. My trailer tires instruct me to use 65 psi when cold. Well some days I start in the 30's and some days in the 70's. And for argument sake, let's say both of those days end in the 90's. I know from using my tire temp and pressure...

wsc7050 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Arctic Fox 32A

Anyone own an Arctic Fox 32A TT?. We have seen the brochure and walk through video. Just wondering if someone had one that would like to comment about their rig.

1Longbow by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

F150 Melting Fuel Pump Fuse TSB

Just had this issue while pulling my trailer at 65 mph with my 012 Super Crew, 5.0. Engine died for about 15 seconds, then came back on with check engine wrench and flashing battery symbol. I pulled off at the next exit and pulled into a Flying J par...

jjinatx by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes