cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out seal (HAVE THE PICTURE ! )

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
I can't put a picture after so many years been in this forum. Any way the top seal from the slide after getting home from our first camping trip was hanging out from its place I was able to slip it into place, this is new trailer. should I glue it or take it back to the dealer?
Thank you.. Here's the pic..

2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab
8 REPLIES 8

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
That upper bulb seal appears to be too short, as it should meet up with the vertical bulb seal. Those seals are on a track, and are slid on to fit, and in my experience have a screw fastening it at each end. The screw should go right behind the soft bulb, through the hard part that fastens to the rail. It would normally be just inside the bulb about 1/2 inch. The ends are then sealed with a silicone type glue. It looks like your glue may still be there, but did not hold, maybe for lack of screw.

If the seal was simply cut short, showing this pic to the dealer, should get a replacement seal under warranty. I would do the repair yourself, it is very easy to slide old out/new in. Just have the dealer supply the replacement.

Jerry
Thank you Jerry..
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
Charlie D. wrote:
If you are speaking of the bulb seal and it has slid down then you are speaking of the same issue I had on one of mine. The manufacturer used a screw on the flat portion under the bulb and the rubber tore. I placed the screw above the torn hole and have not had any issue since. Gluing would be an option.
I will look into this Charlie.

Thank you,
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Kennyd63 Click on the link below then hit Ctrl D to bookmark it in you files. That way you'll always have it. Simply open the link and drag your file into the box. Cut and paste the resultant link into your post. Nothing else needs to be done. Your picture will appear sized and ready for viewing. In lieu of dragging the file, you can also use the select feature and browse for your file. Double click the file to put it in the box. Easy peasy.....Dennis

Photo Posting

Thank you Executive!!
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
That upper bulb seal appears to be too short, as it should meet up with the vertical bulb seal. Those seals are on a track, and are slid on to fit, and in my experience have a screw fastening it at each end. The screw should go right behind the soft bulb, through the hard part that fastens to the rail. It would normally be just inside the bulb about 1/2 inch. The ends are then sealed with a silicone type glue. It looks like your glue may still be there, but did not hold, maybe for lack of screw.

If the seal was simply cut short, showing this pic to the dealer, should get a replacement seal under warranty. I would do the repair yourself, it is very easy to slide old out/new in. Just have the dealer supply the replacement.

Jerry

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
If you are speaking of the bulb seal and it has slid down then you are speaking of the same issue I had on one of mine. The manufacturer used a screw on the flat portion under the bulb and the rubber tore. I placed the screw above the torn hole and have not had any issue since. Gluing would be an option.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
There are several types of seals, a picture is easy, if following above link. Seeing the problem would get better response. Was it just glued originally? If so, yes, I'd just glue it yourself. You would likely do a better job than the dealers minimum wage kid. If you try to use the warranty period, for all the little things that are wrong, you will be wasting your camping time.

Jerry

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
If it is a new trailer and you have the normal one year warrantee, and the dealer is not too far away, I would take it back and have them do it.

Guy

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kennyd63 Click on the link below then hit Ctrl D to bookmark it in you files. That way you'll always have it. Simply open the link and drag your file into the box. Cut and paste the resultant link into your post. Nothing else needs to be done. Your picture will appear sized and ready for viewing. In lieu of dragging the file, you can also use the select feature and browse for your file. Double click the file to put it in the box. Easy peasy.....Dennis

Photo Posting
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG