cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slides- how far to retract?

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
On our NTU 2005 Cougar 304BHS, when we retract the slides, they come in level with the floor, then tip up just a bit at the limit.

This lifts the floor of the slide a little.

Question: Should I stop when the top stops, or continue until the slide limit stops it?

It seems as though I should stop when the slide stops and just before it starts to lift the floor, but what about the seal? Will this seal the slide properly?

Thanks!
18 REPLIES 18

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I recommend all-in or all-out. And should be able to be fully utilized in either position. Otherwise need to refer to the manual or manufacturer.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gee, Ken, I don't avoid my sofa when the slide is in. Winnebago has never said to do so. HEY, I need to sit down! You spring chickens.....
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
ken56 wrote:
Let it stop on its own. That means all the way in and that insures that the outer seal is contacting the slide frame. You do want to avoid walking on the slide floor when it is retracted though.

So we shouldn't use the couch with the slide in? It is a floor level slide, not elevated.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Let it stop on its own. That means all the way in and that insures that the outer seal is contacting the slide frame. You do want to avoid walking on the slide floor when it is retracted though.