cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snow River camper slideout help

azbohunter
Explorer
Explorer
I have a friend who has a 2002 Snow River camper that has slide issues. It has two tracks and only one side is working. He can not find access to the drive motors or gears to check them. He has had a mobile service tech out and they could not find anything either. He is thinking he may have to remove the slide to access to motors and gears. Does anyone have any knowledge of these campers?
They quit manufacturing in 2008!
2006 Dodge Quad Cab Cummins 5.9 Automatic 4x4
2002 28RKD Lakota fifth wheel
Pullrite Hitch
2006 Polaris Ranger
16'Lund w/50HP Merc tiller
A great wife who loves to travel and fish
I love to archery hunt/she joins me and cooks!
4 REPLIES 4

azbohunter
Explorer
Explorer
[COLOR=]I feel bad because it has been so long since I originally asked about this. Your reply was exactly what was needed and after following the instructions you posted from Snowriver1 it is working perfectly. Thank you so much for taking the time to share!
azbohunter wrote:
Doing a search I found this post from a few years ago... just might be the answer. I forwarded it so will wait to hear back.Yes I do. It is the greatest TC ever made. When I had this problem I called Bob and this was his reply, so I just passed it on.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 05/26/05 01:21am
Subject: Snowriver slide

The best way to fix your slide is to measure the slide at the front then the rear. Object of course is to have both ends equal. Decide which side should come out (or towards you if you are outside. Move the slide halfway out, then using a small prybar and a thin peice of wood, place the wood on the moulding directly beneath the gear rack on the slide to prevent damage to the moulding and use the pry bar to lift up and out till you feel it jump one tooth. Then run the slide in and out and measure front and rear again. Unfortunately your year of camper does not have the adjustable slide rack. It sounds as if you have too little gear mesh on one side.If the problem persists To do a repair the gear rack must be removed (three bolts under the carpet in the dinette) and a 1/4" shim placed at the front and rear bolt of the gear rack to adjust it back down into the teeth of the worm gear. Hope this helps, if you need further assistance please call me at the factory at 1-250-_____ 7 to 4 weekdays and we will endeavor to help you so far from home.

Snowriver1
Pullrite Hitch
2006 Polaris Ranger

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pretty sure they used a Power Gear slide assembly and he may have sheared a pin or the pin/bolt dropped out of the drive shaft.

azbohunter
Explorer
Explorer
Doing a search I found this post from a few years ago... just might be the answer. I forwarded it so will wait to hear back.Yes I do. It is the greatest TC ever made. When I had this problem I called Bob and this was his reply, so I just passed it on.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 05/26/05 01:21am
Subject: Snowriver slide

The best way to fix your slide is to measure the slide at the front then the rear. Object of course is to have both ends equal. Decide which side should come out (or towards you if you are outside. Move the slide halfway out, then using a small prybar and a thin peice of wood, place the wood on the moulding directly beneath the gear rack on the slide to prevent damage to the moulding and use the pry bar to lift up and out till you feel it jump one tooth. Then run the slide in and out and measure front and rear again. Unfortunately your year of camper does not have the adjustable slide rack. It sounds as if you have too little gear mesh on one side.If the problem persists To do a repair the gear rack must be removed (three bolts under the carpet in the dinette) and a 1/4" shim placed at the front and rear bolt of the gear rack to adjust it back down into the teeth of the worm gear. Hope this helps, if you need further assistance please call me at the factory at 1-250-_____ 7 to 4 weekdays and we will endeavor to help you so far from home.

Snowriver1
Pullrite Hitch
2006 Polaris Ranger

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
My campers have access plate to the motor assemble. Hard to see in carpeted area, but it is there.
Than, sounds like motor is working and only 1 drive gear is broken.
For that he needs to pull the slide out.
I have some pictures from parting out my Lance, what shows slide mechanism.

Click For Full-Size Image.