Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Soft bathroom floor

prowler17545
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I have a soft, linoleum floor about 12" by 12" in the bathroom of my 2000 Prowler. Over the last year, I had it covered with a piece of plywood. Now, the floor is tearing. I know this needs fixing ASAP. Any advice as a temp repair ? I am selling this trailer.

Thanks !

Moved from Forum Technical Support
6 REPLIES 6

usmc616
Explorer
Explorer
prowler17545 wrote:
I knew this repair wouldn't be easy. I will disclose the problem to potential buyers and lower the price.

I think this is the best approach.
SEMPER FI
Joe,Joyce 4 kids & 5 dogs
2017 Chevy Silverado, 4x4, 3500HD, LT, Long Bed, Dually, Duramax Diesel, Allison Transmission, Reese Dual Cam & Prodigy Brake Controller
2010 Jayco G2 32BHDS.:B

WETSNAIL
Explorer
Explorer
X2 not as bad as assumed. Had to replace bathroom and some bedroom floor. Used laminate instead of lino because it was handy. Worked great.

Boband4
Explorer
Explorer
I did it on the previous TT. Removed the toilet, cleaned it, needed to be done anyway. Sliced the flooring along the tub and cabinet, then rolled the floor back. Fortunate that there were some floor joists just outside the soft area. I cut out the rotted flooring, added a support, put a new piece of OSB/plywood in and rolled the floor back over it. Put a new gasket down and reinstalled the toilet. Everything I read said do not put glue onto the OSB/plywood because it will cause swelling. I cut pieces of quarter round shoe molding to run along the tub and cabinet to secure the flooring and hide the seams. Once done, nobody could see the repair. Not a hard job, took about a week of working during the evenings. Have made a similar repair just inside the door of the current TT. More difficult this time because of cabints and walls confining the work area. Plus there were no floor joists close by, I had to build a subframe, secure it to the trailer frame, then the fooring went in. Took a couple of full days and a few evenings this time around.

prowler17545
Explorer
Explorer
I knew this repair wouldn't be easy. I will disclose the problem to potential buyers and lower the price.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
If the wooden floor underneath is rotting, making a "temp" repair is like making a cracked windshield good by tinting. I think you know what needs to be done but don't want to have the trouble of doing it. Maybe you could disclose the damage and lower the cost to the buyer, selling it as/is?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
Temp repair:

If you have an lino or buy some you can use that but it wont match. That may not matter if you are making a temp repair.

Is the are too big to replace the entire lino?

****edit*****

Wonder if you can find some that would make an accent piece? :h