cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar panel install? Newbie

Pasturepony
Explorer
Explorer
Hi! I just bought a solar panel kit but have a couple of install questions.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BFCNFRM

1. Where do you install the controller in the TC ?
2. Where do you run and how do you attach all of the wires?
3. Did you use well nuts? What size? If not how did you sufficiently caulk it to ensure no leaks??
4. Anything I should be aware of?

I have a 2004 Lance 835 if that helps :). Thanks!!
17 REPLIES 17

Pasturepony
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I just looked at the brochure and it's an option not standard on the lite models. Mine seems to have a lot of the options though. Not sure how I can check this? If it is presided, where do I look for the wires other than the speaker area?

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
Usually, I would move this thread to the Tech Issues forum. But, there is a possibility your 2004 Lance 835 is pre-wired for solar. A 2004 Lance 835 owner might be able to answer questions specific to your TC. I will leave it here for now.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
If you can do a little research to see if your camper was pre-wired for solar, the wires often are coiled up in the ceiling space behind a stereo speaker.

If you check with Lance, they might also have a roof framing plan for your year and model. On my camper, it showed me where the wood beams were to mount solar panels to.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk