cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sonic 220vbh bunks

Amrya
Explorer
Explorer
As things go we have narrowed down the field. But I am worried about the narrow bunks and lack of plugs in the sonic 220vbh.

Does any one own one? Do the kids sleep poorly from lack of air circulation in the small bunks on hot days? and do the complain about the size of them?
12 REPLIES 12

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what it has to do with sewing either.
Bob

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Amrya wrote:
With our current municipal parking garage restrictions. Keeping it at the dealership is a less expensive option. As it is I need to ask my neighbours for a 1 month span of patience as my trailer will be cluttering up my drive. (Only permitted 72h in your drive) I still have access to get my sewing done.

Sure, many of us have to deal with silly municipal bylaws restricting the parking of our trailer on our own driveway and in every municipality the regulations are different. One commonality though is that any citation is almost always on a complaint basis, meaning that unless one of your neighbours complains about your trailer being where local bylaws say it shouldn't be then you aren't likely to have a problem. I'm not sure however what any of this has to do with delaying the first use of your camper to the end of May when there's so much opportunity to get out there before that. :h
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Amrya
Explorer
Explorer
With our current municipal parking garage restrictions. Keeping it at the dealership is a less expensive option. As it is I need to ask my neighbours for a 1 month span of patience as my trailer will be cluttering up my drive. (Only permitted 72h in your drive) I still have access to get my sewing done.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Amrya wrote:
Thanks everyone! We went with the sonic. Snow is still on the ground here and provincial campground won't open for a bit so we don't take position till the last week of may.

Congrats! However, it would drive me nuts waiting so long to take a first trip in a new trailer. :E Most Ontario provincial parks are open well before that and not all that far from you is Mew Lake in Algonquin which is open for camping year round. ๐Ÿ™‚

Amrya
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! We went with the sonic. Snow is still on the ground here and provincial campground won't open for a bit so we don't take position till the last week of may.

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
My trailer has 28x75 bunks and they're fine for my 6'1" 180lb son, and I can even fit semi-comfortably in the top bunk and I'm 6'3" 250lbs with broad shoulders. To give you an idea all Navy racks (except subs) are 26" wide and they fit all sailors into them.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

chesterb
Explorer
Explorer
The size of bunks on the Sonic is similar to our Rockwood Mini Lite. They are fine for our family but we camp a week at a time. The kids know they are camping and it doesn't bother them. There is a window for each bunk for fresh air.

I think either the Sonic or Jayco are excellent trailers.
2011 Dodge 2500 Hemi, Crewcab, 4x4, 4.10
2013 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Amrya wrote:
Trying to find the right fit is really difficult.

Try this KZ Spree Connect C231BH with 40" wide bunks. :B

Amrya
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all! And thank you for adding the link. It's such a difficult choice. A trailer with little to no storage (jayco x213. https://www.jayco.com/products/travel-trailers/2017-jay-feather/x213/) but great bunks for the kids

Or the above sonic with great over all space and storage but awful bunks.

Trying to find the right fit is really difficult.

john1928
Explorer
Explorer
We had 30" wide bunks in our trailer when I was growing up. Fine in elementary school, okay in middle school, too small to be very comfortable by early high school. I usually slept in a tent rather than in the trailer at that point if we were going to be somewhere more than one night. At 28" I imagine that progression would be about the same but just a year or two earlier.

As for temperature, there was no A/C on that trailer, but it did have ~3' wide multi-panel windows in both bunks so if there was a breeze it wasn't bad. On a still and humid night that didn't drop out of the 80's it was pretty sweltering (not that a tent or the other beds in the trailer were a whole lot better).

Electrical outlets weren't an issue back then (limited personal electronics), and we do have outlets in our current trailer's bunks but I'm not sure it really matters. At home the kids charging points are across their rooms from their beds and it doesn't seem to pose a problem.

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Amrya wrote:
As things go we have narrowed down the field. But I am worried about the narrow bunks and lack of plugs in the sonic 220vbh.

Does any one own one? Do the kids sleep poorly from lack of air circulation in the small bunks on hot days? and do the complain about the size of them?

Whenever asking questions about a specific trailer, product, etc, you're more likely to get useful replies if you include a link in your post to whatever it is you're talking about.

Venture Sonic 220VBH

JMO but 28" is just too narrow for bunk beds ... the 32" wide we had in our previous KZ Spree was about as narrow as I'd ever want. In this Sonic they have to be narrow because the trailer itself is only 7.5' wide instead of 8'.

Amrya
Explorer
Explorer
Also wondering about making of the bunks?