cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sonic by Venture 190

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone own one of these or any Sonic trailer for that matter. I have never owned a trailer but this seem like a really nice one to get started with. I have looked for a forum just for owners of these trailers but no luck. Just wanted to know any info about them pro or con. Thanks if you can help.
2016 Sonic by Venture 190vrb
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L V8
32 REPLIES 32

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
mtnbbud wrote:
Put the chemical in the toilet right away with enough water to cover the bottom of the tank.

Don't drain the tanks until you're ready to leave. You can hook up the drain hose, but don't open the valves until you're all done using the facilities on that last day. Drain the black water first and then the gray water to help flush the black water. I like to do some serious flushing of the black water tank afterwards if the hookup is at the site to try and get it as clean in there as possible. After you're done, leave some water and chemical in the tank.

I'm learning myself, I'm on about a year and a half of using a trailer. My family is really enjoying it. It took me a trip or two to realize to fill the bowl with some water first before a BM.

How much water would that be to cover the bottom of the tank? Also the water and chemical you put in the tank after you are finished flushing the tanks does that stay in there till your next trip or should the tanks be dry when you are storing it? Thanks for your reply.

mtnbbud
Explorer II
Explorer II
Put the chemical in the toilet right away with enough water to cover the bottom of the tank.

Don't drain the tanks until you're ready to leave. You can hook up the drain hose, but don't open the valves until you're all done using the facilities on that last day. Drain the black water first and then the gray water to help flush the black water. I like to do some serious flushing of the black water tank afterwards if the hookup is at the site to try and get it as clean in there as possible. After you're done, leave some water and chemical in the tank.

I'm learning myself, I'm on about a year and a half of using a trailer. My family is really enjoying it. It took me a trip or two to realize to fill the bowl with some water first before a BM.

EA_Williams
Explorer
Explorer
As long as they're hooked up when you dump(the TT) it doesn't really matter lol. You only make that mistake once. Keep the grey tank valve closed and dump it after the black. Cleans it out. I add chemicals and a few gallons of water before the toilet is put in use and after each dumping(of the tank) This explanation should have been part of the delivery process, especially for a newbie. Dealer?

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a little confused on when to hook up the drain hose to the sewer. One video shows hooking it up when you arrive and leaving the gray tank valve open. and one shows hooking it up right before you leave and opening the black tank valve first and then the gray valve to clean out the sewer hose. Also when do you put the chemical in the toilet? Thanks for any help you can offer about this.

jackquontee
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations!

The Sonic was on my list, in addition to the Rpod and Aliner Expedition. I just have a thing for the lower profile towing of the pop-ups and went with the Aliner.

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
BarneyS wrote:
tex wardfan wrote:
I was wondering what you experienced rvers think about the extended warrantys? The one they offered was 1600 dollars to extend it to 5 years. Is it worth it or not?

Keep your money! Put into an RV savings account and use that if/when you need any out of warranty repairs. Chances are you will not need to touch it. Those things are a cash cow for the dealers and a wallet lightener for an owner in most cases. Plus, usually they have so many "wiggle room" phrases in them that most things are not covered when the time comes to get something repaired. This is all in my opinion/experience, as I fell for the sales pitch many years ago.
Barney

Barney, thank you so much for your reply. We did not buy the insurance thinking it would not be necessary. Your reply validated our choice. Thanks again.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
tex wardfan wrote:
I was wondering what you experienced rvers think about the extended warrantys? The one they offered was 1600 dollars to extend it to 5 years. Is it worth it or not?

Keep your money! Put into an RV savings account and use that if/when you need any out of warranty repairs. Chances are you will not need to touch it. Those things are a cash cow for the dealers and a wallet lightener for an owner in most cases. Plus, usually they have so many "wiggle room" phrases in them that most things are not covered when the time comes to get something repaired. This is all in my opinion/experience, as I fell for the sales pitch many years ago.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer

Parked at the storage facility not too far from our house.

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer

This was right before we left the dealer.

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
I'm happy to say that yesterday We took delivery of our 2016 Sonic 190vrb. I have never trailered in my life so I was white knuckled all the way from the dealer to our parking facility. I guess I will get used to the truck feeling like it is straining its guts out to pull the trailer. Its suppose to be able to pull up to 5700 pounds so This trailer being only 3600 pounds it should be comfortable for it to tow it.

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the replys.

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
tex wardfan wrote:
GrandpaKip wrote:
When shopping around last year, I came across the Sonics. I would have kept them in mind, but there wasn't a floorplan for us in the size we wanted.

So other than the floorplan you would be good with purchasing one?

There was a lot to like. Yes, I would.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
tex wardfan wrote:

Thanks Barney. So I take it you have not heard anything bad about them that would keep you from buying one?

Correct. One thing I especially like is the one piece fiberglass from the front all the way over the roof and down the rear of the trailer.

See my post here where I talked about them and also posted some pictures.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

tex_wardfan
Explorer
Explorer
GrandpaKip wrote:
When shopping around last year, I came across the Sonics. I would have kept them in mind, but there wasn't a floorplan for us in the size we wanted.

So other than the floorplan you would be good with purchasing one?