cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

starcraft comet 1232md vs.Flagstaff t12bh

Kayak_Kamper
Explorer
Explorer
Okay.. Time up... Check book ready ..WILL buy one of these this weekend...Can anyone suggest pro / con of them? It seems its a (ME TOO!) dilemma.. A/C, Fridge, Microwave, Bike Rack,Ceiling fan,cable...all feature sales pitches ...but absolutely nothing on Construction Qualities ..Feel like I have to XRAY these things So ..All you well traveled Been There done that crowd.. Chime in !!!.Do not want a HONEY I TOLD YOU,, you should have bought the other one!!
8 REPLIES 8

Kayak_Kamper
Explorer
Explorer
Really ..Thanks for the input from all.! I post just now for the Entertainment value. . Seems the dealer does not know where the trailer is!!......last week,, next week..maybe next week again??. .. The line is " We do not have the drivers to get the units here".. Really???? . ups,fed ex, amazon,..Omaha steaks, Netflix and others can tell you in 30 seconds where your order is ..all that for 20 Bucks invested.. So while waiting for the delivery ..have already done the blue ridge. Smokey MTNS. Snow on the ground.. So...waiting.. Still waiting for the CALL..... AND TO THINK.. THIS IS a Comission sale?? really??..We have pulled the plug.. Game over for now..Will go to plan B . Buy something else..or just go to a Hotel/Motel..And be way ahead of the game $$$ wise..Gripe.. sour grapes.. you bet! ..Camping World..total let down. independent..no better. If this is the standard... I could do very well in this business!!

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kayak Kamper wrote:
Both are new.. 2015... of course there is new 09/15/14 and 10/15/15..Model year.. and delivery year are ...The same??? having researched as best I can...Quite tired of it.. I can say with a smile.. Have a wife ..kids ..and delivery.. with them....fit and finish. Excellent... !

Model year change in the RV industry is early in the year. By spring 2015 they will be manufacturing 2016 models.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kayak Kamper wrote:
. Have a wife ..kids ..and delivery.. with them....fit and finish. Excellent... !

Ya but you had a craftswomen with many generations of experience making the exact same model
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

bondebond
Explorer
Explorer
Do us a favor and slow down long enough to organize your thoughts. Your last post was quite all over the map without the map.

Which one is new "09/15/14" and which one is new "10/15/15"?
Model year.. and delivery year are ...The same??? having researched as best I can...Quite tired of it.. I can say with a smile.. Have a wife ..kids ..and delivery.. with them....fit and finish. Excellent... !

I am sorry but I cannot follow what it is you're going for here. I'm not trying to be mean spirited but I cannot figure out how to help because I cannot figure out the message.

Owning a camper is quite a different situation than backpack or tent camping. I still enjoy all of them and just had a great weekend with my son last weekend, backpacking and camping on some beautiful land. You really look to minimize weight and complexity when you have to carry it on your own back.
Campers are a whole other beast. Your "adventures" are only just beginning. Just getting the RV off of the dealer's lot is only the beginning. Expect to make a few dealership visits within the first year to have various things corrected unless you decide to handle them yourself. Then you will definitely be bemoaning the "dog and pony show". Hang in there. Relax. It will be a bumpy but hopefully an enjoyable ride.
This space left intentionally.

2006 Fleetwood Sequoia and mods...one of the tallest highwall pop-ups on the planet after flipping the axle.

Kayak_Kamper
Explorer
Explorer
Both are new.. 2015... of course there is new 09/15/14 and 10/15/15..Model year.. and delivery year are ...The same??? having researched as best I can...Quite tired of it.. I can say with a smile.. Have a wife ..kids ..and delivery.. with them....fit and finish. Excellent... !

Kayak_Kamper
Explorer
Explorer
Two dealers were not ready for prime time ( one dented bumper ) That I guess I was supposed to over look? Another ..broken Hinge and dented ceiling with broken lights.. ) Makes car dealers look good!! So you are right I was expecting delivery of t12bh...But the sales rep. is not on the ball....Really. Has been a hassle ..Have had 3 price changes!!! .....To think I used to backpack for weeks in some really remote /great places... and be reduced to this dog and pony show. ..

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought you ordered the Flagstaff three weeks ago, right after you asked this same question.

Each dealer or factory rep can tell you why his is best. Looking for someone who has owned both? Not long enough to learn about them, Forest River got into the A-frame market only a few years ago, Starcraft/Jayco had them in catalog first in 2014, but I didn't see a physical example until this spring, 2015 model year.

I liked the Rockwood I examined in 2010. I had fit and finish issues with an example Starcraft built for the Jayco brand, damaged my hand brushing past the door frame, got me looking for other finish problems and had no difficulty finding them. But that could have been pre-production or early production.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
New? used? age?
Traveling with my best friend my wife!