cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

State Park.

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
Before I make my reservation I would like to get the take on people which have been to Sang State Park near Springfield IL. Please let me know what you think about it.

Thank you all in advance! ๐Ÿ™‚
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab
15 REPLIES 15

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
ghooos wrote:
Hello to all the travelers there! My friends and I are going to Poland in September and we would like to ask you a few questions. What is the most optimal route around Poland? We https://cars-scanner.co.uk/austria/graz_airport_car_rental.html thought about going from Warsaw through Gdansk, Poznan, Wroclaw and Lodzโ€ฆ what do you think? Maybe you can advise something? We are also looking for a company to rent a car so we would be grateful if you advised one, thanks.

Interesting question for a Recreational Vehicle forum. Maybe you ought to try something like TripAdvisor or Rick Steves.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

ghooos
Explorer
Explorer
Hello to all the travelers there! My friends and I are going to Poland in September and we would like to ask you a few questions. What is the most optimal route around Poland? We https://cars-scanner.co.uk/austria/graz_airport_car_rental.html thought about going from Warsaw through Gdansk, Poznan, Wroclaw and Lodzโ€ฆ what do you think? Maybe you can advise something? We are also looking for a company to rent a car so we would be grateful if you advised one, thanks.

tdiller
Explorer
Explorer
fdwt994 wrote:
tdiller wrote:
fdwt994 wrote:
tdiller wrote:
Illinois state parks are hit or miss as far as how nice they are. The older ones tend to be in need of some upkeep. I stayed at Lake Le-Aqu-na a few weeks ago and they will be shut down next year for repairs. Rock Cut near Rockford is pretty nice. I was at Illini and starved rock this weekend. Illini is small and tight for many bigger trailers. Starved rock is nicer and just 15 miles down the road. Depending on how far you want to drive if you are sightseeing near Springfield I stayed at the Army Corps of engineering Frank Bo woods campground about an huor form Springfiled Il. Full hookups. Most illinois state parks are electric only.

Just goes to show how subjective this can be. We stayed at Rock Cut a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty bad.

I always try to get either site 501 or 502. 502 is a concrete pad. Sites 100-124 are not very level at all. If you were in one of those sites I feel your pain. I live only 20 miles from rock cut so it's kind of a get away weekend place for me. I prefer the COE campgrounds because of the price difference with the America the beautiful pass.

We were in 164. Also concrete but a pretty decent slope. Only for one night. The shower house was absolutely disgusting. Showers didn't drain. After a five minute shower, I was standing in ankle deep water. Also obviously not cleaned anytime recently. I also found the roads to be in serious need of repair. It's too bad, because I think it could be a very nice campground if Ilinois would keep up with the maintenance. COE's are some of our favorite parks also.

Well I guess we have had two different experiences there. Yes the roads are in need of repair. And they are being repaired over by the concession and boat launch last time I was there. Of the two (I think ) shower houses I have only used the one near sites 502 and not the one that is near the site you were in. I've seen the loop you were in and it is closer to the lake but I have never stayed in any of those.

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ˜ฎ
tdiller wrote:
fdwt994 wrote:
tdiller wrote:
Illinois state parks are hit or miss as far as how nice they are. The older ones tend to be in need of some upkeep. I stayed at Lake Le-Aqu-na a few weeks ago and they will be shut down next year for repairs. Rock Cut near Rockford is pretty nice. I was at Illini and starved rock this weekend. Illini is small and tight for many bigger trailers. Starved rock is nicer and just 15 miles down the road. Depending on how far you want to drive if you are sightseeing near Springfield I stayed at the Army Corps of engineering Frank Bo woods campground about an huor form Springfiled Il. Full hookups. Most illinois state parks are electric only.

Just goes to show how subjective this can be. We stayed at Rock Cut a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty bad.

I always try to get either site 501 or 502. 502 is a concrete pad. Sites 100-124 are not very level at all. If you were in one of those sites I feel your pain. I live only 20 miles from rock cut so it's kind of a get away weekend place for me. I prefer the COE campgrounds because of the price difference with the America the beautiful pass.
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

fdwt994
Explorer
Explorer
tdiller wrote:
fdwt994 wrote:
tdiller wrote:

We were in 164. Also concrete but a pretty decent slope. Only for one night. The shower house was absolutely disgusting. Showers didn't drain. After a five minute shower, I was standing in ankle deep water. Also obviously not cleaned anytime recently. I also found the roads to be in serious need of repair. It's too bad, because I think it could be a very nice campground if Ilinois would keep up with the maintenance. COE's are some of our favorite parks also.
2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

tdiller
Explorer
Explorer
fdwt994 wrote:
tdiller wrote:

fdwt994
Explorer
Explorer
tdiller wrote:

2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
LadyRVer wrote:
The only state park in IL I was in recently had electric only. No sewer, no water. Interesting. Park was nice, tho. Chain-of-Lakes in Spring Grove, IL.

Thank you for your input LadyRVer!
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
tdiller wrote:
Thank you tdiller!, I will look into that.
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
DLHarrison wrote:
My wife and I spent several days at the park several years ago returning from a trip out west. We stayed at the park when we visited the Lincoln Museums. Nice park - very quiet and well maintained.

Good to know, thank you.
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

tdiller
Explorer
Explorer

DLHarrison
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I spent several days at the park several years ago returning from a trip out west. We stayed at the park when we visited the Lincoln Museums. Nice park - very quiet and well maintained.

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only state park in IL I was in recently had electric only. No sewer, no water. Interesting. Park was nice, tho. Chain-of-Lakes in Spring Grove, IL.

kennyd63
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Do you mean, Sangchris Lake State Recreation Area, IL? If so, I've never been there, but the on-line photos in Google search look awesome. We've been to a few state parks in Illinois. Never had a bad experience.

Yes, Sangchris. Thank you for your input.
2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab