cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage compartment latch/locks

Cautrell05
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2001 mallard TT has the standard 1/4 turn key locks for the outside storage compartments. As expected, one key works part of the time and the others kinda work sometimes. The key latches are cheap and easy enough to install. I was wondering is there a latch/lock I could install that would allow me to leave them unlocked but still latch? I'm not afraid of a little fab work to make them fit, Just don't know where to look for options. Thanks in advance.
Nick
20 REPLIES 20

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
My storage bay has two twist locks with no key. Then there is a third key lock in the middle...

My key locks are all the same the Ch751 I think it is...

Always neat that everyone has the same key - you can borrow one from the neighbor camper if you get locked out haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

rrev
Explorer
Explorer
I know most camper dealers have that key by the box full. Stop in one and get a couple. I think last time I bought a couple they were only a buck a piece.
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CCSB
2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2007 Starcraft Homestead 282DBS (Retired)

98coachman
Explorer
Explorer
You might try hitting the key with a file to round it off just a little, that sometimes helps. Not sure what else to tell you other than maybe taking it to a locksmith

Cautrell05
Explorer
Explorer
Tried the lube. No luck. The one key we got when we bought the camper is hard to use and the copies are harder yet to work. Would love something with a latch and separate lock

98coachman
Explorer
Explorer
Try a little lube, mine did the same thing, sprayed a little slick 50 in the lock cylinder and they work perfectly now. Good luck, Bill

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
My Coleman has lock latches on one side of the door and non-lock twist keepers on the other side
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game