cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You

Cardinals
Explorer
Explorer
About two months ago I posted an issue I was having. One of my slides outs was not pulling back into the unit, well it pulled in but it took forever. Several members of this site gave me suggestions which all focused on the battery and power to motor.

We arrived in Scarborough ME (Bayleys RV Resort) and I was hoping the above issue had been resolved. The battery is all set, power verified, and then the slide out came out but slowly. After about 15 minutes an employee of Coastal RV was driving past our site and I told him of my issue. He crawled underneath and inspected the motor and gears and came up and said, .....grease You need to grease the rail and the gears/linkage and that will solve the issue. I offered to pay him for his time spent and he said no....not a problem.

He told me what to buy and what to do and I am so pleased with his assistance, good to know there are good people in the world. Will be stopping by their offices tomorrow to thank them.
2 REPLIES 2

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
My "Through-Frame Slide-out" by LCI requires no lubrication - wet or dry (according to LCI). I think it's a good idea to check with the manufacturer before lubricating your slide.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Never want to grease the rails it will cause more problems down the road,you do however need to use a dry lube or lubricant that is designed for the slide