cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tired of the smoke and mirrors

Kayak_Kamper
Explorer
Explorer
My rant! Found a Trailor..Was I wrong!! Over a month of research and no better off. Ignorance is bliss. Want a 19 foot +/- tt. Where, ,How Who, can help. No standards..to compare.. Names/Models seem to change every year, who owns what, same trailor different badge name,? So Here is the choice. Ameri- lite 198bh . Jayco jay feather 18fdb. Then The AR-ONE, and something called a Fireside . Seems every time We pick a floor plan , You end up with one propane tank or no ac unit or 8/12/15 btu option ..wall or roof. then tire size.Tandem better?? 2 burner stove or three, ceiling fan in middle and bath.fold out windows vs slides..slide or no slide..Amp rating..How big of a fridge do you really need.. Think 2 coolers are plenty..Exhaust fan outside/ .Do not need outside or inside speakers! Outside shower. Windows that work! Tankless water heater. .Big sink. faucet fixture..cable. and 12 volt ..TV.I guess a trucker thing. Insulation ? Bug Proof.(ANTS, MICE, ETC) When you buy a car.. Sad to say..it is easier!!And that's a shame! Will Buy something in 2/3 weeks..Oh and to add to the dilemma ..These rv sales folks are quietly deceptive. Never ever saying...a straight answer. So far they would have me hitch up my old 10 speed from 1972 and say good luck!! Have a nice day! Soooo....Can anyone cut thru the brochures and just weigh in and say... hey! This Company makes three variations of that floor plan. Knowing that these 2 companies are the BEST!! Then go with the asthetics or dealer and good luck.. Then I would not feel like a sucker/ Chump . We Kayak, Camp. A lot.. This will be our First Trailor.. Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!!!
16 REPLIES 16

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
You are making it way to hard. Look them over until you find the one you want, not what is available at a dealer. Of the brands you mentioned I would think Jayco would be the way I would go. Salesman are salesman and not to be relied on for good information. I think you should prepare for the fact that quality and RV are rarely mentioned in the same sentence in a good way. You haven't even delved into the whole "what can I tow" conversation yet.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
Here. I know it costs money and you are probably looking for a free answer. The RV Consumer Group is like Consumers Reports. Lots of good advice. If you want to sort out the junk from the quality, this is the way to do it. Consider the amount of money you will spend on your trailer, the cost of a membership is pocket change.

RV Consumer Group

Or, you can just complain.;)

Your choice.
๐Ÿ™‚