cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric

Chief_duke
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing running off battery would work. Had battery checked. Cell was bad. Bought new battery and every thing worked for 6 days, then it quit. What do I do next? Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Chief_duke
Explorer
Explorer
I am measuring at the battery. I am told it could be the charger. I have a 2006 dutchman kodiak 26 rls. Does anyone know if the converter in this model is all one unit or is the charger separate.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
If your converter is working, you should be able to measure at least 13.5V across the battery terminals. How are you measuring the battery voltage?
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Chief_duke
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of good advise. I took my new battery back only to find out that battery was no good. I had just bought it two weeks ago. I have tightened every wire I could find. I ran the air and fridge for awile. The battery voltage held steady at about 12.20. (It started at 12.55). I ran the fridge for awile and it continued to hold at 12.20. (Before I forget, the trailer is plugged in). I turned everything off to see if the charge would change an it did not. I put the fridge on all last night and now volts are down too 12.04. What could be wrong if any thing? Thanks.
Bruce

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
So many times it is just a bad connection. I had the same thing happen, and found my negative line on the converter output terminal strip was so loose, no charge was going to the battery.

Of course, when you change out the converter, it all works fine again, but so often, just check the terminals right on the converter with your meter to see if it is getting 120 first, and if it has a good output second. You might save yourself a few hundred dollars and learn some good lessons.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Chief, is your camper plugged into shore power or are you running on battery only?
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Chief_duke
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of you for advise. I will have the new battery checked and look at my fusses. My guess is after reading you post, is that I will need a new converter. I have a 2006 Kodiak, so it is probably due. Thanks again.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have that new battery load tested......then check the function of converter. Charger section may be killing you battery

That is IF you have been recharging that new battery........6 days of using and no recharging means battery has been run down.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Check the converter output - maybe it's shot because the bad battery worked it to death.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Sounds like the battery is dead. Is trailer plugged? If so you probably blew a fuse. Do you by chance have a multimeter?

Check fuses starting near the battery and work your way back. Go to the fuse box and pull and check the two 40 amp fuses.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup