cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tires

Bobbyg2013
Explorer
Explorer
I'm getting quotes for tires for my 26'TT for both 6 and 8 ply. The brand Master Track keeps coming up. Was quoted $325 OTD for 8 ply which seems very reasonable. Any comments or experience with this brand?
19 REPLIES 19

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shop speed rating first. Then price. I think you will be looking at Goodyear Endurance or Carlisle Radial Trail HD.

Ply rating is obsolete. I would not touch a load C if a Load D was available in my size.
Either way get tires that cover the full trailer GVWR.

CALandLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbyg2013 wrote:
I'm getting quotes for tires for my 26'TT for both 6 and 8 ply. The brand Master Track keeps coming up. Was quoted $325 OTD for 8 ply which seems very reasonable. Any comments or experience with this brand?

New at shopping for RV trailer tires? 1st, determine the minimum acceptable size and load capacity. You'll find that information on the vehicle certification label, tire and loading placard and in the vehicle owner's manual.

The current terminology for the ply number within a tire is "ply rating". The ply reting is linked with the tire "load range" lettering system for LT and ST tires and "load index' numbering system for all other tires.

Vehicle manufacturer selections for original equipment tires for RV trailers are based on the load capability of the certified GAWR for each individual axle displayed on the vehicle certification label. The OE tires set the minimum standard for all replacement tires. Tire industry standards require replacements to povide a load capacity equal to or greater than what the OE tires provided.

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
Go Goodyear Endurance!

If it says China on them run away.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Posted in wrong forum.

Wbile I am unfamiliar with this brand of tire, I did notice that it shows a maximum tire pressure of 50 psi. Recommended tire pressure for other tires is generally 65 lb. That would steer me away from it unless I knew a whole lot more about that brand.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."