Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Towing Mirror for 1992 F250 XLT

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howdy all...

Need a towing mirror for my 92 F250. I really don't want one of those slip on deals. I want a quality replacement type mirror.

The mirrors it has are the stock chrome door mount, two point, break-away style mirrors.

I really like the telescopic or tilt out mirrors common on trucks today. But all I can find for my truck is those slip on mirrors. I'd rather replace the current mirror for a better one.

I've search the intarwebs, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Anyone know of one?

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks. I might just try them. They're cheap enough that if I don't like them I won't cry.

Thinking I may hit some junk yards and see what mirrors might just fit on my stock brackets. Who knows

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a conv. van. the only option I had was a slip on. I went with the CIPA`s. they worked great, had no vibration and had a good view down the side of the trailer. and they look good because it slides on the mirror so it almost looks stock.

Here is a link. CIPA towing mirrors
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
Passin Thru wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Large-Pickup-Mirror-Tripod-Stainless/dp/B0058HZJZQ Pul off the old one, cover the hole with aluminum patch same color as exterior paint, make sure it is sealed well.

This might be it. Didn't want that huge bracket and patching holes, but this seems to be my only solution without the clip ons.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.amazon.com/Large-Pickup-Mirror-Tripod-Stainless/dp/B0058HZJZQ Pul off the old one, cover the hole with aluminum patch same color as exterior paint, make sure it is sealed well.

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ol'Soldier wrote:
I think you will be able to find towing mirrors at:

http://www.am-autoparts.com/Ford/f250-super-duty-truck/side-view-mirrors.html

I used them for towing mirrors for my 2014 F150 after not being able to find a reasonable price anywhere else.

Thank you. But all they had was the 5x8 OEM mirrors. And clip ons.

Seems for a 1992 truck, there just isn't a market for what I really want.

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
You might see what ebay has.

Ol_Soldier
Explorer
Explorer
I think you will be able to find towing mirrors at:

http://www.am-autoparts.com/Ford/f250-super-duty-truck/side-view-mirrors.html

I used them for towing mirrors for my 2014 F150 after not being able to find a reasonable price anywhere else.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did they actually make an OEM towing mirror for the '92 models? What would it look like? The only thing I could find for a '92 is like in the photo which I assume is aftermarket. Not exactly elegant looking, but maybe period correct for towing mirrors?

You might try the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum.

In 2012 I was able to find OEM tow mirrors for our 2000 F150 and had no trouble, which I ended getting from a Ford dealer on ebay. There seems to be lots of '03 F150 OEM (or facsimile) tow mirrors on ebay.

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the reply.

I was afraid of that

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
I don't believe you're going to find what you're after. We did the same search for our '03 F150 and came up empty handed. We got the McKesh that are held on with straps and they worked very well, albeit second choice. Short of going to your Ford dealer to see if they have something that could be a replacement for your OEM ones, and very pricey if they're even available, no other help here. Maybe others have had better luck. We did our search and got the McKesh back in '07, so maybe there have been some additions to the market.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!