cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer Jack

ESDA
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any suggestions for a trailer jack for changing a tire on the side of the road in an emergency, for a double axle? I tried driving the good tire onto boards, but due to the type of suspension on the trailer I had to use like 6 boards to get enough lift. Therefore, I don't think the drive on type of wheel lifters will work for me.
19 REPLIES 19

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
As mentioned, the Trailer-aid works well. Though I am not sure how well they work with the wide spaced dual axels.

I have used a bottle jacks and a lots of 2x6 to jack by the frame. My advice is to practice at home.

I have tire changes down to twenty annoying minutes and I always pull far off the road or exit if possible.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Build a โ€œtrailer aidโ€ with 2x6s glued and screwed together. I have backup bottle jack.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Andersen Rapid Jack also works well:

Andersen Rapid Jack

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Also: bottle jack or "Trailer Aid."
I use a bottle jack.

Trailer Aid....LINK

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

doughboy
Explorer
Explorer
to keep things simple stupid i use my leveling blocks. if your like me, i carry 2o or so of those yellow leveling blocks.
stack about 5 high and drive up on them, the flat tire should be off the ground. be sure to loosen the lug-nuts on the tire u wish to change. on fuss no mess
see ya down the road.
larry
Larry, Lisa, and a dog named "Pepperjack"
2000 Excursion,Toreador red,diesel
2013 cruiser, viewfinder,
Waitin for my ship to come in