cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel trailer A frame tongue cover?

cps68500
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone seen or heard of a cover for the hitch / tongue and propane tanks / battery? I have a cover for the TT but it only covers the actual camper portion... not the trailer front A frame.

TIA
Chris
2014 Heartland Prowler 28BHS
5 REPLIES 5

EldIr
Explorer
Explorer
Winter is usually a very clean time of year. Winter on the roads is filthy, but leaving something covered in clean snow isn't an issue. No pollen, usually very little dust. Not much to worry about on the tongue. WD on the coupler and 303 or other uv protectant on the tank cover (and battery box if you don't remove that with the battery). Not sure what kind of "work" you're avoiding by covering it.
'01 Burb 2500 4x4 496/4.10 (3.73 effective w/ new tires)
'94 Jayco 300BH

cps68500
Explorer
Explorer
The more I can protect it, the better I feel... I guess doing more work now in my mind to cover it, the less I'll have to do later.

EldIr
Explorer
Explorer
Why do you want to bother? It's fine uncovered. Remove the battery, spray some WD on the coupler and leave it.
'01 Burb 2500 4x4 496/4.10 (3.73 effective w/ new tires)
'94 Jayco 300BH

cps68500
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah. I figure when push comes to shove... aka, snowfall... If I don't find anything, I'll get some vinyl from a fabric store and make something. I was thinking of making it like a giant V and use button snaps that I can screw to the bottom of the frame and sew in some elastic at the tongue end.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
No, but the cover I used for my Springdale had enough slack it could reach to the end of the tongue, although that caused a "bucket" for snow to catch into.

Why not just use a tarp over the tanks and hitch (A-Frame area. Drape it over, but don't enclose the underside, so there's still good air flow and moisture does not get trapped.