cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Trailer for Two

onecb
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to step down from a Class A motorhome to a fairly small Trailer. Would like to find one set up for just two people and light enough to tow with a Chev Colorado. It would need a walk around Queen bed, a walk in shower, and a place to have a recliner couch to watch TV. Does such a Trailer exist? Alvin
2007 Surf Side 29A Pressurepro tire pressure monitor System
19 REPLIES 19

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Max towing capacity of Colorado is 7700 pounds.
Airstream 23FB GVWR is 6000 pounds. Wet weight is 4800 pounds. Well within limits of TV.
We have owned 4 Airstreams through the years and have pulled them with diesel 3/4 tons, 1/2 ton Chevy Silverado, Toyota 4RUNNER, and Toyota tacoma.
My observations are based on experience not on what someone said or what probably would happen.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
you might look at the mini-winne offerings. They don't hit all your list of wants, but likely would be reasonable to pull with your colorado.
Nice thing is the version my brother has addresses a couple of small trailer issues I didn't like
1) there is a couch AND a dinette. dinette is in the slideout. means one has a nice seating other than the dinette seats
2) It has a queen bed. Now the queen bed is a murphy bed behind the couch, couch flips forward, murphy bed drops down, So you don't end up with a Jacknife bed.

Shower is very nice, walk in actually slightly larger than the shower in our outback.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
bgum wrote:
Airstream 25FB and 23FB
If price is a problem you may be able to find a lightly used unit.

Airstreams are nice, no doubt but they tend to be heavy. The OP will want to keep trailer GVWR below 5,000# if using a Colorado. My buddy pulled a nice Lance that was 5,000# with his Colorado and it worked fine but anything heavier probably would have had issues.

Good luck.

:C

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
You are asking a lot with only having a small truck. We have a 18rbs and pull it with a F-250.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Airstream 25FB and 23FB
If price is a problem you may be able to find a lightly used unit.