cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT for use year round in temps above 20F

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
A friend is looking for a TT that can be used year around. It would be stationary much of the time and used periodically when working remotely.

Four season trailers with enclosed tanks are really expensive.

Any recommendations for affordable trailer that has reasonable insulation and could tolerate temps as low as 20F. I was recommending putting a skirt around the bottom of the trailer with some kind of heat under it. That does not deal with pipes in walls, but with heat inside hopefully the pipes would be ok.

Just hoping to get some other ideas/options.

Planning to buy used and hoping to find something under $15000
Rolin
4 REPLIES 4

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Rolin.

Please send me a PM
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"Four season trailers with enclosed tanks are really expensive."

Winnebago's Minnie line four season TTs are not expensive.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it is stationary most the time but insulated skirting under it. That is what people that live in cold climates do all the time. Add heat tape to the plumbing.

People make such a big deal out of camping the cold. Plenty of people live in them full time at below zero temperatures all over the WEst.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I camp year around and in below freezing temps in our 4 season trailer.

Here are a few considerations:

No trailer is 4 season when unoccupied for long periods or should I say unattended.
Furnace must be set and Propane consumption monitored.

Boondocking in freezing temps require continuous use of generator as furnace drains battery in a matter of hours.

Camping at a campground with electric hook-up is very doable in freezing temps.
We set furnace at 70*, always have 2 bottles of propane and outside shower is drained and off.
I still winterize after a trip,takes 15 minutes and less than 2 gallons of RV antifreeze.

I see boondocking for extended periods in 20* asking for trouble.