cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undercarriage Fabric Repair on TT

Marauderer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new to me 09 Puma 29FQS that I am quickly learning about. I was up underneath checking things out and saw this damage in the right side wheel well and some forward and aft of it.

I apologize for the pics not being better but being under the TT on my back with the camera , Oh well. Anyway the first two pics are in the fender well area and the last one in just behind the fenderwell

I have searched the internet for the fabric and haven't found any. The fabric that is on it breaths and is not very strong but I got to thinking about the black fabric we use in the garden and other places we don't want to have weeds grow. It looks like it will work. I also have some Shurtape Gaffers tape and I bought a roll of Gorilla tape to try out. I noticed some rust on the frame in places so I got a couple of rattle cans of rust converter and some rubberized undercoating to take care of the rust problem.

All comments and suggestions are appreciated.
Barry:B
USN (Ret.)
20 GD Reflection 337RLS
07 GMC Sierra D/A CCSB, to many mods, Anderson Ultimate with B&W rollover ball gooseneck hitch, Torque Lift Stairs, 20 ft Flag Poll
15 Grand Cherokee Limited EcoDiesel
"Red" the little Bear Dog
12 Yanmar Sc2450
31 REPLIES 31

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
I can't help with what the name is.
When I had a blow out, I had a little damage. Cleaned it up and covered the damage with Gorilla tape.
I'm interested in what it is called, as well.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

therink
Explorer
Explorer
If that happened on mine, I would likely fabricate wheels wells using aluminum or galvanized sheet metal. I suppose I would secure it in place with pop rivets and then seal any exposed edges with caulk.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.