cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

understanding weight

Dagz45
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, i'm new to having a pop up. So i'm sorry in advance for the noob question. But regarding weight, as i understand so far, my little metal plate on my pop up says 1963 lbs. So that's dry weight off of the assembly line, right? I forgot to add, 2012 traverse yosemite. Now when i got my tabs for it, said it was 3000 lbs. If i read google right, the weight is the base weight plus any dealer options, with water (i'm not going to haul with any water) and full propane. I have a outside shower, a/c, water heater, 1 propane tank, a inside gas burner, 35 amp inverter, heated mattresses. I guess i'm just trying to figure out where the extra 1000Lbs came from? what am i missing. Like i said i'm new, so i apologize for the ignorance.
thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Beer_Belly
Explorer
Explorer
Just as a precaution, we checked our tires and found they were rated for exactly the max load.....never had a problem, but when we replaced them, went to a tire with a higher max load so we would not be at the limit of the tire.
*Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW, What a ride!"

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Weighting all RVs, and their TV if applicable and fully loaded, is a good idea.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the specs that I found for that trailer:

Dry Weight 1,997 lbs.
Payload Capacity 1,141 lbs

So, about 3000 lbs is what they say is the most the unit can safely weigh with all the extras, options, and all you gear, food, clothing, utensils, etc.

Best practice is to load it up trip ready and have it weighed at a commerical scale.

...and, Welcome to the Forum.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro