cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very pleased with my Chevy PU.

specta
Explorer
Explorer

I purchased it when it was 2 years old and had 20,000 miles on it.

I had a hard time finding a regular cab for some reason. 😉

I've done all the regular maintenance, oil changes, fluids, filters, belts etc. Lots of tires and oil changes.

Total repairs to date,
5 headlight bulbs.
1 license plate light bulb.
Fuel pump at 180,000 miles.
Lower shift cable last week.

This has been the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned.

Still running the factory brakes. Doesn't use a drop of oil between oil changes ever 5000 miles.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.
25 REPLIES 25

specta
Explorer
Explorer
donfla wrote:

I have seen some good deals on 8 lug Silverado take offs here I thought about forwarding but the shipping would be a killer I’m sure. And like I mentioned it did take months of searching occasionally to find these.

I'm pretty sure I'll be looking soon.
Kenny

donfla
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:
donfla wrote:
Yes Kenny, it needed tires when I bought it and have been searching for take offs since and took months to find these, the tires alone on the stock wheels would have cost more and was about to do that. The Toyos are like new and was a little concerned with the aggressive tread liking a smooth & quiet highway ride and these are way smoother than what was on it so I’m very pleased. You and I go back a long time and this is probably the best buy on a vehicle I've made, and when you actually like it too it does feel good.

That look really nice.

This might be the year that I look for some factory take off aluminum wheels for my truck.

Its been a while hasn't it. 🙂

Nice to be back.

I actually like driving my PU more than my Lincoln Town Car. :B

Thanks know what you mean, I’m enjoying this thing a lot too.

I have seen some good deals on 8 lug Silverado take offs here I thought about forwarding but the shipping would be a killer I’m sure. And like I mentioned it did take months of searching occasionally to find these.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
donfla wrote:
Yes Kenny, it needed tires when I bought it and have been searching for take offs since and took months to find these, the tires alone on the stock wheels would have cost more and was about to do that. The Toyos are like new and was a little concerned with the aggressive tread liking a smooth & quiet highway ride and these are way smoother than what was on it so I’m very pleased. You and I go back a long time and this is probably the best buy on a vehicle I've made, and when you actually like it too it does feel good.

That look really nice.

This might be the year that I look for some factory take off aluminum wheels for my truck.

Its been a while hasn't it. 🙂

Nice to be back.

I actually like driving my PU more than my Lincoln Town Car. :B
Kenny

donfla
Explorer
Explorer

A better before pic.

With new shoes.

donfla
Explorer
Explorer
rjstractor wrote:
specta wrote:
I still think we need a like button.

x2. Probably won't happen since Zuckerberg was still in high school when this forum was created, and it still uses the same architecture! 😉

How about a :C when we like something? A thumbs up would be cool but couldn't find one of those. I like this simple format myself... 🙂

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
specta wrote:
I still think we need a like button.

x2. Probably won't happen since Zuckerberg was still in high school when this forum was created, and it still uses the same architecture! 😉
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
^ Thumbs up man!
It actually pained me to give up the old 07 Dodge yesterday. Mainly because I know it was still in such good shape and reliable.
But finances and convenience dictated. Tough to turn down selling a truck for 85% of the purchase price 13 years ago and getting a much newer much lower mile, well setup truck to replace it at the same time.

I still think we need a like button. 🙂
Kenny

specta
Explorer
Explorer
donfla wrote:
Hi Kenny! :B Lol

I feel is a fair deal and taking it in tomorrow (880.00 installed including swapping my existing sensors).

Looks and sounds like a killer deal to me Don.

I looked for some factory take offs when I needed new tires the first time and they were ridiculous expensive so I've just kept the ugly OE WT rims.
Kenny

donfla
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Kenny! :B Lol

This truck has the stock WT wheels with 255/70/17 tires and one mismatch, plus serious dry rotting. Found these takeoffs today, 2016 8" Z71 wheels with 85% tread Toyo 285/65/18 Open Country AT2’s and made what I feel is a fair deal and taking it in tomorrow (880.00 installed including swapping my existing sensors) . It will be tight in the front but shouldn’t touch and should look pretty good, plus they will handle well on the beach. I’ll share pictures once on the truck.

These need to be changed.

These are from the ad.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Don!! :B

wowens79 wrote:
I bought my 2002 Chevy 1500HD (6.0) new, now 18 years and 247k miles it still runs great. Fuel pump, water pump, and some oil leaks have been the only repairs.

The brake pads lasted for 225k miles, and all 8 pads wore evenly, and looked identical when they came off.

I rotate my tires every 5000 when I change the oil and I take a look at the pads and they're all wearing evenly too.
Kenny

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought my 2002 Chevy 1500HD (6.0) new, now 18 years and 247k miles it still runs great. Fuel pump, water pump, and some oil leaks have been the only repairs.

The brake pads lasted for 225k miles, and all 8 pads wore evenly, and looked identical when they came off.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

donfla
Explorer
Explorer
specta wrote:
donfla wrote:
Very nice Kenny! This is my 2014 1500 WT with a 4.3 V6 I got a few months ago and like it a lot, it’s in good shape with only 63k miles when I got it so a lot of life left in it. Took this picture a couple weeks ago after a landfill and scrap yard trip and the combo handles well on the road. Obviously the Z71 pinstriping isn’t original and was done by the dealer because it sat on their lot for so long from what I was told. Compared to my old 1 ton Ford 6.0 diesel and 1 ton dually Chevy 6.0 gas dump truck this thing is like driving a sportscar. A cheap improvement from Amazon for around $30 is a backup camera and works well getting hooked up the first time.

Nice camera. I like it.

short YouTube video of TV

The only thing I've added to mine is an in-dash TV and a hi-end stereo.

this has been my work truck for the last two weeks, a 2018 1500 with the 5.3L. It really needs to be a little bit peppier.

I like that and the song is a favorite too.

A nice thing about the camera is the USB port inside the console is on the keyed switch so no worries about turning it on or off and stores nicely inside the console when not sitting in the cupholder. For the cost and simple install definitely useful.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
donfla wrote:
Very nice Kenny! This is my 2014 1500 WT with a 4.3 V6 I got a few months ago and like it a lot, it’s in good shape with only 63k miles when I got it so a lot of life left in it. Took this picture a couple weeks ago after a landfill and scrap yard trip and the combo handles well on the road. Obviously the Z71 pinstriping isn’t original and was done by the dealer because it sat on their lot for so long from what I was told. Compared to my old 1 ton Ford 6.0 diesel and 1 ton dually Chevy 6.0 gas dump truck this thing is like driving a sportscar. A cheap improvement from Amazon for around $30 is a backup camera and works well getting hooked up the first time.

Nice camera. I like it.

short YouTube video of TV

The only thing I've added to mine is an in-dash TV and a hi-end stereo.

this has been my work truck for the last two weeks, a 2018 1500 with the 5.3L. It really needs to be a little bit peppier.
Kenny

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congrats on a excellent truck. You got to hand to GM and that their small blocks are legendary for a reason.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"